Capstone Logistics is a fast growing, exciting company focused on third party services in distribution centers across the nation. We are in 48 states and over 500 Distribution Centers across the United States. We are looking for a General Manager to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful leader with at least 5 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. Successful candidates will handle the daily supervision of a warehouse crew. We provide full service for our Partner including but not limited to support in Forklift, Selection, Sanitation and Receiving. Would also require operating with an additional 3PL onsite.
* Site consist of 500+ associates and 2 possibly 3 facilities would require some travel. All facilities are located in the Commerce area.
* Implements the business plan for assigned area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals.
* Identifies associate, customer, and supplier concerns by listening and consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve concerns.
* Monitors and manages productivity of assigned area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and analyzing business reports. Writing and balancing daily bank deposits. Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
* Maintains quality and safety standards in assigned area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on logistics and company policies, standards, and procedures; monitoring associate compliance with logistics and company policies, standards, and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
* Supervises and develops associates and leaders in assigned area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
* Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
* Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
* Must be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends and holidays.
* 5 years of management and leadership experience in an industrial setting.
* Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
* Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
* Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
* The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
* Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
* Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
* Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third Party experience preferred
* BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
* Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
* Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and
* Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
* College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded overtime. We will offer the successful candidate:
* Salary commensurate with education, experience and skills
* Quarterly incentive based on operational performance.
*Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and 401
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. We are a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled