Grants & Contracts Specialist (FT)
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Jun 04, 2020
Requisition # 200001GH
Provides support to Principal Investigators (PI) for pre- and post- award activities including assistance in submission of applications, financial management of awarded projects, and preparation of financial reports. Performs accounting and administrative duties including initiation/processing payables, procurement and payroll/effort actions. Work closely with the PIs as well as with administrators to reinforce institutional policies and maintain compliance with federal, state and sponsor policies, procedures and guidelines.
1. Assists PIs and senior research staff in preparing proposal submittals and required reports to external funding sources to ensure timely submission of applications.
2. Reviews funding announcement, meets with investigators to review the various proposal components, assigns responsibilities, and sets a timeline for submission.
3. Follows up throughout the process to ensure timely receipt of final documents.
4. Participates in development of pre- and post- award budgets and related documents. Coordinates with sub recipient organizations when applicable. Researches historical and other data, and estimates costs of expenses.
5. Coordinates with PI and Grants and Contracts Office to respond to any questions or requests from sponsors prior to the issuance of awards, including “Just-In-Time” materials as requested by NIH and other funding agencies.
1. Reviews Notice of Award (NOA) for accuracy, reconciles against proposed budget. Reviews any discrepancies with Grant and Contracts Office and PI and prepares award budget. Prepares a tickler system to notify investigators of reporting and other requirements as noted.
2. Assists with modifying and renewing incoming and outgoing subcontracts for research awards.
3. Aids with the preparation and processing of purchase requisitions, payables, travel and business expense reimbursements, invoices, deposits, journal transfers, etc.
4. Coordinates management of procurement program to ensure all charges are accounted for, and appropriate receipts are filed in accordance with D-H policy.
5. Runs monthly reports and distributes to PIs.
6. Performs monthly reconciliation of sponsored projects for PIs.
7. Researches transaction and accounting details to assist with financial analyses.
8. Assists in tracking payroll and effort on projects. Initiates/processes payroll changes as instructed.
9. Assists with monthly reconciliation of sponsored project accounts.
1. Enters and exports data, updates reporting tools, prepares reports. Maintains office files and databases to ensure accuracy, accessibility, and confidentiality of information.
2. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field with 3 years of relevant administrative and financial experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
+ Master’s degree preferred.
+ Prior experience with financial or general office experience required.
+ Excellent accounting, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
+ Ability to work effectively, independently and as a member of a team.
+ Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion and to interact with staff and outside agencies in a professional manner.
+ Proficiency with computers- data bases, spreadsheets, and other office software applications.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**