Valley Dairy has always represented quality and value from our premium ice cream to our family of Valley Dairy Restaurants and we welcome like-minded individuals to come and join our team!
Line Cooks Job Description
· Ability to read guest checks to other line cooks.
· Prepares and plates food items.
· Cooks eggs and other breakfast items.
· Cooks hamburgers and other food items.
· Deep-fries food items.
· Prepares salad items.
· Prepares hot and cold sandwiches.
· Heats food in microwaves.
· Set up and stocking station with all necessary supplies.
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
· Sweeps and mops floor.
· Assists busser & dishwashers by bussing tables, washing dishes, and clean-up duties on an as needed basis.
· Assists Prep Cook duties on an as needed basis.
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
· Other duties assigned by management.
Line Cook Job Requirements
· Proven cooking experience including experience as a line or prep cook.
· Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
· Requires continuous standing.
· Must be able to frequently reach, bend, and squat.
· Must be able to occasionally lift boxes weighing up to 35lbs.
· Must be able to tolerate heat in excess of 90F.
· Must have good verbal communication.
· Must be able to organize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Usually requires at least 6 months of previous cooking experience.
· Must display a neat and clean personal appearance.
· Must be able to work independently and as a team.