Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Handyman position is a physically active role performing a variety of general building services including but not limited to: repair, operation, general upkeep, maintenance, and safety and security duties.This is a full time union position covering some of our locations in Brooklyn.
The Handymans main duty is the overallmaintenance and operations of buildings and grounds. In this role they are responsible for basic building repairs such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical and HVAC and to other building related systems.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talentedHandyman candidatesof all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is highly preferred
- A current, valid clean Drivers license is required , and must be maintained throughout the course of
- Five (5) years of experience in building construction/maintenance/repair; an Educational/Trade certificate in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and well-rounded hands on mechanical skills
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing the English language at a high school level; able to understand and process written directives and work orders
- Ability to work well with people, with strong customer service skills
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital