Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
Forterra is currently looking for a Forklift & Loader Operator at our Henderson, CO facility. The primary duty of this position will be to load trucks with various precast concrete products. This position requires attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to recognize counts and part numbers of each product. This person will also be responsible for stocking the yard with products in an organized and neat fashion. Must be able to communicate to other employees as well as truck drivers both written and verbally.
* Successfully operate a large heavy weight (15,000 lbs. plus) fork lift.
* Effectively handle concrete products without causing damage to personnel, product, or property.
* Employee must be willing to work overtime as needed/required and have a flexible schedule which may include nights and/or weekends.
* Successfully take and pass lift truck operation course and assessments.
* Must maintain safety practices and adhere to Company OSHA and safety guidelines at all times, maintain a clean work area, free of safety hazards.
* Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance; comply with all company policies, unit work rules, and directives for the fulfillment of maximum production and quota objectives.
* Any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by your supervisor at any given time and in any given area.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have larger forklift (15,000 lbs. plus) or heavy equipment experience.
* Previous concrete experience desired but not required.
* Quick to think and problem solve in certain situations.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment with all levels of employees.
* Able to be self-motivated and problem solve when necessary.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures both written and oral.
* Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds frequently.
* Perform work sitting in a lift truck for 8-10 hours per day, up to 6 days per week.
* Employee occasionally required to talk, hear, stand, walk, push, pull, sit, use hands, handle, feel, reach with hands or arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
* Job sometimes demands close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing duties, employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. Noise level is also high in the work environment. Appropriate safety equipment is provided by the company for all employees.
Employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs that include medical, dental, flex spending plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a vision plan, PTO and 10 holidays.
Forterra Building Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
*Job Start/End Date:* 02-Jul-2019 to Until Filled (EST)
*Department:* New Precast
*Location:* Henderson, CO, USA
*Employment Type:* Full Time