Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for hospice patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with leading-edge technology and a commitment to patient outcomes
If youre looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for Amedisys, you will work autonomously but in collaboration with physicians to deliver primary medical care for adult hospice patients. You will provide advanced practice nursing services through palliation and management of the terminal condition, and develop treatment plans for patients at home and possible other settings which may include: general inpatient units, hospitals, assisted living, independent living, senior housing, and skilled nursing facilities.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, changes in condition or environment to the clinical manager/attending physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Complete face to face encounters and assesses the following: disease related changes, decline in function, adherence and effectiveness of pain and symptom regimen, the patient and family coping mechanisms and quality of life.
- Order and review appropriate lab, x-rays, EKGs and other diagnostic procedures for palliation and treatment of the terminal disease as dictated by the patients condition and documents the treatment plan accordingly and reviews results with collaborating physician
- Make referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patients needs
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences