Position Summary: Gives a warm first and last impression of the restaurant to patrons. Immediately greets guests at the door; seats, and presents menus in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Greets and seats guests, presents clean menus, informs them of special and soups, and introduces server.
· Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction and exceed expectations.
· Runs the floor chart, and maintains section rotation.
· Observes tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
· Takes guest information and quotes wait to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
· Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
· Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant
· Cashier check out of guests; good math skills, handle credit processing and cash payments
· Maintains clean restrooms, windows, and overall restaurant appearance throughout shift.
· Interacts with guests in and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
· Other duties as directed
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent communication skills; verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests.
· Thoroughness and strong organizational skills
· Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
· Customer Service and conflict resolution skills
· Teamwork and leadership skills, high energy level
· Able to read, write, and able to do basic mental math
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Stands during entire shift; reaches bends and stoops frequently.
· Carries 20 lbs. (highchair) over medium distances