Old Chicago - Host Job Description
Old Chicago has been serving great food and craft beer since 1976. We provide a fun and energetic place to work along with supplied uniforms, opportunity to earn and advance, shift meal and food discounts along with a comprehensive training program, annual reviews and merit increases and fun incentives.
PURPOSE: Greets and accommodates needs of guests.
· Greet and seat customers immediately (within 1 minute) in a systematic fashion.
· Answer phone.
· Run a wait list.
· Take "to go" orders and perform correct money transactions up to twenty times in the course of a scheduled shift.
· Project a positive image at all time.
· Assist other FOH & HOH staff members, etc. as needed.
· Observe customers and responds to additional requests/complaints etc.
· Act as a resource for guests regarding the restaurant, promotions, specials, staff, menu, hours of operation etc.
· Other functions assigned by management (i.e. take out linen, trash, stocking, checking restrooms, bus tubs, refill ice and wash glassware.)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
100% Walk and stand.
50% Operate cash register and POS/TMX system and makes change.
25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe, and lift up to 20 pounds.
ESSENTIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of hourly position validations, including reading training materials and watching videos. Responsible alcohol certification within 60 days of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years old to serve alcohol or as state regulations dictate.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.