Host Job Description/Responsibilities
Summary of Position:
Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Seat guests in an efficient manner utilizing the floor chart and wait sheet. Handle all incoming calls in the appropriate manner. Manage the efficient and timely delivery of the guests’ To-Go order.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Open the door for every guest entering the restaurant.
• Immediately greet every guest within 15 seconds of their entry into the restaurant, with bright eyes, a positive attitude and a smiling face!
• Stand up front; do not make the guest approach you. You must make the first move in welcoming our guests, so do not use the host stand as a shield to stand behind.
• Make every guest feel wanted and appreciated the minute they set foot into our front door. Eye contact is a must!
• Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival. Make eye contact with the guest and welcome them with a sincere “Hello, Welcome to Native!”
• Seat guests in a courteous and timely manner as they enter the restaurant and/or communicate delays if immediate seating is not available.
• Maintain a waiting list if immediate seating is not available and provide guests with estimated waiting time.
• Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of guest flow in service sections. Be sure to utilize the seating chart to write down the party, the table number and the time sat to assist in table flow.
• Engage the guest in conversation when taking them to their table to ensure you are not walking too fast and the guest is keeping up with you. Good questions to ask are “How are you doing this evening?” or “Is this your first visit to Native?”
• Provide each guest with a menu and rolled silverware once seated.
• Inform the guest of any specials, the soup of the day and to save room for dessert, tell the guest the name of their server and let them know that they will be right over to take care of them.
• Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
• Assist dining room staff whenever possible.
• Answer telephone in a professional manner, according to company policy.
• Transfer telephone calls and/or take messages as per company policy.
• Be able to assist guests with directions to the restaurants from all points north, south, east and west.
• Have full menu knowledge to accurately and professionally assist guests with ToGo orders.
• Take To-Go orders over the phone and package To-Go orders when prepared.
• Engage the guest in conversation while waiting for their To-Go order to be packed up. Good questions to ask are “How are you doing this evening?” or “Is this your first visit to Native?”
• Verify that To-Go order has been prepared as requested and all necessary items and condiments are included.
• Complete To-Go transactions on the cash register and tender correct change to guests.
• Complete assigned opening, during shift and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
• Communicate guest and/or employee difficulties to management.
• Communicate any health and /or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
• Perform other related duties as assigned including opening, closing and running side work
• Do not allow a guest to leave with beverages or glassware. Non-Alcoholic beverages may be taken out of the restaurant in a To-Go cup.
• Outside food and drinks are not allowed to be brought into the restaurant.
• Thank each and every guest as they leave the restaurant and invite them to return. Open the door for guests leaving the restaurant whenever possible.