Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Located steps from the Village hub, at the center of one of North America’s largest four-season playgrounds, YOTELPAD Canyons Village, Park City, provides its independent, travel-savvy guests with everything they need and nothing they don’t. YOTEL uses cutting edge design and construction techniques to build hotels with small but perfectly - formed rooms for people who appreciate quality but don’t need the fuss of a traditional luxury hotel. Our residences are one giant leap for Park City. As a destination base for the vast experience at Park City Mountain, it is being transformed with a masterplan of new shops, restaurants, and gathering places. With both village and mountain at your doorstep, there’s lots to do, from dining and shopping to downhill and cross-country skiing, boarding, snowshoe tours, and winter ziplining. In spring, summer, and fall, enjoy mountain biking, hiking, or golfing.JOIN OUR CREW! We are seeking qualified, experienced House Attendants for YOTELPAD. Canyons Village, Park City. We understand that it is important that our guests and YOTEL Crew Members are safe and assured, therefore, we have implemented operation #SmartStay; a package of measures, resources and training that’s being rolled out atevery one of our hotels worldwide.Cabin House Crew is responsible for the cleanliness of assigned areas and equipment by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure the highest level of guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
• Receives work assignments, signs for any related materials, i.e. keys, etc. at the beginning and end of shift.
• Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens.
• Deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas.
• Respond to guests' requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies in a timely and efficient manner.
• Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors, body fluids when necessary
• Monitor and control supplies and amenities and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
• General cleans assigned areas
• May collect newspaper and other items for recycling.
• Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor always.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Approaches all encounters with guests and crew members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Cleans patio/balcony areas by sweeping or hosing the floor and wiping down all furniture and fixtures, picking up garbage and cleaning patio/balcony doors and windows.
• Aids other crew members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
• Completes all other miscellaneous tasks assigned by Director of Cabin Crew.
• High school degree or GED preferred
• Previous hotel experience is preferred
• Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
• Must have vision ability to see minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer printouts.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Must have upper body strength to lift to 50lbs. continually throughout shift. Must have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout shift.
• Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a shift.
• Must be able to maneuver fully loaded cabin crew cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire workday.
• Basic commercial cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaning equipment. Cleaning cart. Ladder/stepping stool. Exposure to hazardous chemicals on a continual basis.
YOTEL is proud to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, veteran status, or genetics. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the associated with the position. May perform other duties as assigned.
What are YOTEL people like?
• Pro-active with a ‘can do’ positive attitude
• Likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve
• Great attention to detail in everything that they do • Sociable and confident with each other and our guests
• Friendly, warm and welcoming always • Professional in their outlook, taking pride in their appearance, performance and reputation
• Takes responsibility for their actions and those of the wider team
• Like to own problems and find solutions for the benefit of the guests and teams alike
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner?advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply?rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory?making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com