**Strength Through Diversity**
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: **Environmental Services**
Job Title: Housekeeping Worker
Shift: 22.5 **hour, Evenings(3pm-11pm)**
Cleans, maintains and supplies assigned patient and non-patient areas according to standardized procedures of the department by utilizing mechanical equipment, tools, chemical solutions and cleaning supplies. Sets up conference rooms, private dining rooms for various types of meetings and gatherings, observing safety rules. Keeps equipment clean and in good condition.
**_Duties and Responsibilies:_**
1. Prepares cleaning solutions, housekeeping supplies and equipment as assigned to perform the following housekeeping related tasks
2. Dusts, cleans furniture, windowsills, light fixtures, vents, ledges, blinds, shades, radiators, doors and frames, moldings, windows, lights, clocks, signs, cabinets and any other areas which accumulate dust and/or soil according to departmental procedure
3. Cleans bathrooms, fixtures, pipes, tile walls, metals, partitions and attachments, replenishes soap and paper supplies as needed or instructed
4. Disinfects rooms, beds, patient furniture and equipment such as rolling stock with germicidal solution
5. Hangs and/or removes cubicle curtains, drapes, shades and blinds, moves furniture, equipment and supplies
6. Spot cleans windows, walls and carpets, vacuum carpet, upholstered furniture etc.
7. Cleans or removes spills observed or upon request
8. Follows established procedures in performing all tasks
9. Uses various equipment while performing assigned tasks
10. Operates equipment in safe manner and cleans all equipment according to established guidelines
11. Maintains compliance with OSHA/JCAHO standards
12. Follows standard practices for storing, issuing, labeling of chemicals
13. Properly disposes of all regular, recyclable, sharp items and regulated medical waste wearing proper protective attire and observing safety rules and practices
14. Reports all safety hazards; leaky pipes and faucets, reports all broken furniture, blinds, etc.
Minimum HS diploma or GED
**_Strength Through Diversity_**
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
**_Who We Are_**
**Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.**
**Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.**
_The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status._
**EOE including Veterans and Disabled**