Requisition ID: req27923
Job Title: Housing Specialist
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Oakland, CA USA
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Housing Specialist provides client-centered and trauma informed services to victims of human trafficking, with the goal of enhancing housing services and housing options for victims of all forms of human trafficking in Alameda and San Francisco counties. The Housing Specialist provides clients with access to safe, confidential transitional housing, and works with clients to develop individualized service plans to meet each client’s unique needs, helping clients gain self-sufficiency and successfully transition to permanent, independent housing. The Housing Specialist also participates, as required, in program planning and service development through committees, task forces and working groups. The Housing Specialist operates under the supervision of the Anti-Trafficking Coordinator and collaborates with Anti-Trafficking Caseworkers to support clients.
· Ensure client success with a strong emphasis on empowerment through high quality service that supports clients to thrive in their community.
· Provide trafficking survivors and their families with access to safe, confidential transitional housing.
· Provide financial, rental, and basic needs assistance to clients based on eligibility and need.
· Provide housing support services to survivor households, including employment, financial education, transportation, counseling, childcare navigation support, and case management, ensuring increased stability and pathways towards healing.
· Expand IRC's network of property management companies and landlords and build sustainable relationships with housing partners and housing advocacy groups within the San Francisco Bay Area.
· Ensure that clients are provided the tools they need to meet their established goals and objectives, and that clients successfully transition to permanent, independent housing.
· Provide follow-up services to clients, including landlord advocacy, case management, employment support, and minimal financial assistance, to ensure a successful and sustainable transition to permanent housing.
· Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date case-note services log containing detailed information about service provision.
· Ensure compliance with case file management and reporting requirements, including timely data entry in hard-copy files and electronic databases.
· Participate in relevant partner meetings and engage stakeholders to identify community resources.
· Other activities as needed and assigned by supervisor.
· Strong commitment to ensuring the success of the IRC mission while adhering to the values of service, accountability, and integrity as defined in the IRC Way.
· Bachelor’s degree required, with an emphasis in Social Work or equivalent field of study preferred.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience in social services, humanitarian relief, public service, or other not-for-profit environment preferred.
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
· Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Fluency in English (spoken and written) and Spanish (spoken) is required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams messaging).
· Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.