## Position Description
Are you interested in researching, developing, and analyzing innovative ways to produce impactful information from many different types of sensors and sources of data?
Do you want to advance US defense capabilities in Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a creative engineer and/or quantitative analyst to help us conceptualize, develop, test, assess, and field the next generation of ISRT and Counter-ISRT capabilities for the US military. Our engineers and analysts apply diverse disciplines such as sensor and data fusion, signal and image processing, operations research, applied physics, and artificial intelligence to build systems that automatically or autonomously orchestrate sensors, process data into information, and make intelligent inferences and predictions about complex threats and environments. Our work enables the US military to neutralize a wider variety of serious threats from safer distances than they could otherwise accomplish; improves the safety, survivability, and effectiveness of US air, naval, and ground forces; and disrupts the ability of potential adversaries to threaten our forces.
**As an Engineer/Analyst for ISRT Scientific Applications ...**
* Your primary responsibility will be to contribute to teams developing algorithms, mathematical-physical models, and prototype software for ISRT applications.
* You will contribute to teams developing new signal processing, image processing, multi-sensor data fusion, and multi-sensor resource optimization techniques.
* You will contribute to teams developing new modeling, simulation, and analytical methods and tools.
* You will contribute to teams developing and analyzing new ISRT concepts and architectures.
* You will contribute to field tests and experiments, including planning, execution, and data analysis.
* You will document and present your results to project leads, sponsors, and technical workshops and conferences.
**You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...**
* Have a Bachelorâ€™s degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or other related field.
* Have at least one year of work experience, or significant internship experience, in a relevant technical field.
* Have skills and experience developing scientific and engineering applications in programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C++, and Java and in Linux environments.
* Have strong inter-personal and written communications skills.
* Have the ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
* Have the ability to multi-task, support multiple, concurrent projects, and adapt to changing circumstances.
* Are willing and able to work a portion of the time in secure, closed areas and travel occasionally to government sites and contractor facilities (local and non-local).
* Are able to obtain a TS/SCI-level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
**You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...**
* Have a Masterâ€™s degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or other related field.
* Have at least three years of work experience in a relevant technical field.
* Have skills and experience with signal and image processing, data fusion, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, pattern recognition, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques.
* Have domain knowledge in ISR processes, systems, platforms, and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
* Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI-level security clearance.
**Why work at APL?**
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationâ€™s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLâ€™s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
*Primary Location:* *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel
*Req ID:* 23836