The IT System Administrator supports Windows server technologies and handles Tier 2 escalations from our help desk.Successful candidates will have experience with current Windows server and desktop technologies, virtualization platforms, and provide fast and friendly customer support.The role is ideal for fast-paced, detailed driven, eager to learn IT professionals with a focus on great customer service to both our staff and external clients. Success in this position requires solid technical depth with Windows Servers and applications.
iVenture is a forward thinking, innovative and growing private Managed Services Provider with offices in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. We deliver premium IT services and solutions to clients who understand the importance and value of technology to their business. We are a leader in our industry and have been a Best Place to Work since 2008.
Please note: we are not a recruiter or placement service.
Perks of working here:
- iVenture pays for 60% of your health premiums and 100% of your dental and vision premiums
- We match 4% on your 401K
- Paid Time Off Benefits - 3 weeks for your first year, 4 weeks on your second year
- Free unlimited workouts at fitness studios
- Quarterly employee/family outings as well as monthly in office team events
- Fully equipped game room
- Mileage reimbursement
- Work/life balance with a focus on a 40 hour workweek
- Super cool technology virtual lab, paid training days and paid certifications
- iVenture is rated by its employees as a Best Place to Work and has a strong culture and exceptional core values
What you'll be doing:
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012/2016) operating systems, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Monitor performance of Windows server and server applications, identify root-cause and resolve issues.
- Monitor network performance and resolve issues such as internet bandwidth problems, ISP issues and firewall / router changes.
- Provide Tier 2 desktop and application support, including new user setups, line of business application support, and hosted application support.
- Produce, maintains and update technical documentation.
- Typical Week: 30% Windows server support, 50% escalated desktop/app support, 10% network support, 5% training and 5% admin/meetings
You are a great candidate if you have.....
- Bachelors Degree, business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ year(s) supporting current windows server and desktop technologies, and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016 and Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013/2016 (or enterprise mail systems)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Vista/7/8)
- Experience with XenApp/RDS or other VDI technologies preferred, but not required.
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology and firewalls (Cisco/SonicWALL)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Status (MCSE or MCSA) preferred
- Flexibility to accommodate after-hours and weekend client and team member needs
- Participation in a 1 week 24x7 on-call backup rotation, approximately every 2-3 months
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid drivers license and insurance with reliable transportation. This position will require frequent travel (mostly local but some in state travel will also be needed)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, employment, credit and motor vehicle background check