I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs patient care related duties.
• Maintains accurate records in information management systems.
• Assists technologist and other clinical personnel.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, pushing/pulling usual weight of 20 pounds up to 50 pounds, reaching above, at, and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object.
• Continuous: stooping/bending. Frequent: sitting.
• Occasional: kneeling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, lifting and carrying weight of 10 pounds up to 20 pounds. Operates telephone and various imaging equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Minimal exposure to patients who receive radioactive materials.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
• One (1) year of work experience, preferably in healthcare e.g., medical clinic, doctor’s office, etc.
• Prior acute care hospital experience is highly desirable, preferably in a comparable medical center.
• Ability to operate a computer, copier machine, CD burner, and other office-type equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet