Position: Independent Living Skills Instructor
Location: 8218 Santa Fe Springs Road Whittier, CA 90606
Schedule: Flexible schedule, work schedule may change according to program and client need.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly at our website using the link below:
Under the direction of the Program Manager, develop and implement a program of teaching independent living skills to clients enrolled in the program.
- With minimal supervision, teach independent living skills to consumers in groups and individually, as assigned. Measure and document the progress consumers make toward their goals and report progress to the Program Manager. Complete assessments (current level of functioning and needs) on each client entering the program.
- Conduct community based activities to provide training in actual community settings. Using public transportation whenever possible, take consumers shopping for groceries, clothes, recreation, and to their medical and dental appointments
- Ensure apartments are in good repair and that consumers report any maintenance needs to Apartment Manager.
- Prepare timely and maintain accurate records necessary for compliance with regional centers.
- Comply with ECF?s injury prevention safety program and assist consumers during safety drills.
- Effectively represent ECF to community members, Regional Center representatives and families.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Six months experience working in a direct care service position with individuals who have various levels of developmental, learning, emotional, or physical disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers and others.
- Reliable and present self in a professional manner
- Exhibit good time management skills.
- Use sound judgment when making decisions.
- Exhibit initiative, be cooperative, and have good attendance and punctuality.
- Valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance and insurable driving record.
- Pass a Department of Justice background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB Test initially and every three years thereafter.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR, and NCI certification (may be obtained within 60 days of employment).
Exceptional Children?s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application by visiting our ECF careers page:
Exceptional Children's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
To learn more, visit www.ECF.net and connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnectwithECF.
Providing the highest quality services for children and adults challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities ? empowering them to reach their greatest potential.