## Position Description
Are you searching for challenging and impactful work supporting Highly Classified networks?
Are you passionate about cybersecurity operations and policy?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL...
We are ranked as one of Computerworld's Top Places to Work in IT two years running and we are seeking a dedicated Information System Security Officer to help us protect APL's information technology infrastructure.
As a member of our team, you'll responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, work closely with the ISSM, Program Security Representative and Program Manager in support of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join an impressive team of technical specialists who are passionate about supporting our Program needs.
**As an ISSO...**
**_Create and Maintain Documentation._** Completing and updatingdocumentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix's, System Security Plans, Risk Assessment Reports, Contingency Plans. Track and maintain user agreements and training. Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
**_System Development Support._** Work with ISSEs, ISSMs and Program Managers to develop secure IT solutions in the classified environment. Capture and refine information security requirements and work with the ISSM to ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems. Work with the ISSM and PM on procurement and research on software/hardware products to ensure Supply Chain Risk Management compliance.
**_Continuous Monitoring._** Conduct system audits and analyze results for reporting. Monitor systems for compliance and vulnerabilities. Implement high priority security mitigations and coordinate critical fixes with the System Administrators and PM. Conduct periodic security testing and tabletop exercises.
**_Incident Response._**Monitor systems for anomalous activity (after-hours use, privilege activities, etc.). Conduct preliminary review of security events and recommend actions to the PSR and ISSM. Execute containment actions and report generation for IT spills and incidents.
**_Configuration Management._**Coordinate CCB activities and document changes to the IS. Initiate change requests for security related changes and conduct security impact assessments and software due diligence requests. Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise.
**You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...**
* Possess a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
* Have 2+ years of Windows systems administration experience.
* Have proven Assessment and Authorization experience working with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, or JSIG.
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience solving information technology problems and working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas.
* Have a deep understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and software.
* Can demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
* Possess a current DoD 8570 certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.), or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment required.
* Hold an active Top Secret security clearance and are able to obtain a TS/SCI+poly level clearance. Current SSBI required. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
**You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...**
* Have experience working in or directly supporting the Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities desired.
* Have some Linux computer experience.
* Have experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
* Have some practical experience with programming / scripting languages.
* Have a working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements.
* Have proven excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus.
**Why Work at APL?**
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationâ€™s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLâ€™s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers..
*Primary Location:* *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel
*Req ID:* 24012