Since 1971,Dontech's core purpose has been to provide innovative solutions which enhance optical performance. Today we continue to grow as a leading designer and manufacturer of optical filters, precision thin film coated optics, and enhanced flat panel digital assemblies for military, medical, and commercial applications. Weare seeking an experienced Inspector(1st or 2nd shift)of optics at ourDoylestown, Pennsylvania facility.
Dontech is an AS9100D and ISO9001:2015 registered manufacturer specializing in optical coatings and fabrication of optical filters and LCD enhancement services.
Inspection Job Summary: To clean glass parts and perform visual inspection of materials (mostly glass or polycarbonate), parts in process, and finished parts.
Inspection Essential Functions:
- Properly handle, clean, and visually inspect materials (mainly glass or polycarbonate)and/or partsfor obvious defects.
- Perform detailed visual inspection when necessary to determine quality of product.
- Inspectparts and materials for flawsusing eyepiece and scope and mark out partsbefore the pieces are cut.
- Support the production process in the final inspection of product prior to shipping.
- Prepare product by gasketing, taping, sanding, or molding, as necessary.
- Review specification for additional information for preparation of product for customer.
- Submit first completed pieces (first articles) to Qualityto be checked for accuracy before proceeding.
- Correct defects, as needed,by sanding and buffing out scratches.
- Submit finished job to Qualityor other designated area.
- High School Diploma,GED, or equivalent work experience;
- Prefer minimum of one year quality and/or inspection experience, ideally with optical overlays;
- Prefer experience with MIL-PRF-13830 inspection;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Prefer experience handling and inspecting glass parts;
- Ability to follow instructions in English including reading work instructions and specifications for each job;
- Proper handling of various chemicals for cleaning of parts;
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English;
- High attention to detail is critical; and
- Ability to work overtime, with reasonable notice, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a workstation and occasionallyrequired to stand and walk.
- Ability to lift up to 2 lbs. frequently from table height to shoulder height.
- Ability to lift up to 12 lbs. regularly from table height to shoulder height.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. occasionally (may be done with the assistance of another employee).
- Considerable mental and visual effort.
- Color vision correctable to 20/20 (candidates can not be color blind).
- Comfortable wearing protective eyewear, magnification/corrective lenses, cloth masks, and gloves.
- Must be odor tolerant (for some chemicals used for cleaning parts).
Candidates best suited for this role are hands-on, mechanically inclined,methodical, focused, detail-oriented,and production-minded. We are willingto train those who are self-motivated to learn new technologies.
Additional Skills include:
- Military and medical electronics manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, and follow through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to be flexible and switch tasks in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Task oriented andwilling and available to work overtime as requestedto meet task deadlines.
Compensation includes a competitive base hourly pay rate.We will consider filling this position on either first or second shift and as PT or FT. Shift differential will be paid, as applicable, for 2nd shift positions.
Dontech's Benefits Selections for Full-Time Regular employees include:
Medical (or opt-out)
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible spending accounts for health care or dependent care savings
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Training opportunities
Dontech Inc. is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, north of Philadelphia in Central Bucks County.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Dontech Inc., please contact by phone or email
Dontech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment posting, so no phone calls or e-mails please. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee via e-mail, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dontech Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.