Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com .
BWX Technologies is seeking a candidate to join the Corporate Internal Audit Department (IAD) in Lynchburg, VA.
The IAD is an internal, independent and objective assurance and consulting activity, guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the companys operations. It assists the Board of Directors, by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organizations network of risk management, internal controls and governance processes. Our mission is to enhance and protect shareholder value by providing risk-based and objective assurance and advice to BWXT management.
The IAD team works on projects focused on financial reporting, compliance, operational and business processes, risk management and Contractor Business Systems as defined by the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Develop audit work programs, complete audit procedures and documentation;
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders;
- Apply technical competence and engage in relevant discussions with the business;
- Contribute ideas and opinions.
- 2+ years' of experience auditing, consulting or implementing business systems, processes or controls; or responsibility for program or subcontractor management, financial reporting or analysis; or risk or compliance activity;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and/or other business field of study is required. Preferred Education: A post graduate degree such as a masters in a specific topic or a masters in business administration;
- A related certification is preferred with preference for Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE), Six Sigma or similar
- Knowledge of, and experience with governance programs;
- Ability to design, implement, evaluate, and optimize internal control structures designed to manage risk;
- Experience researching and analyzing industry and technical matters;
- Knowledge of, and experience with risks and controls identification;
- Knowledge of, and experience with control and process optimization;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to interact with various levels of business unit and corporate management in both written and verbal form;
- Flexibility and ability to travel, up to 25%;
- A strong understanding of the internal and/or external audit process;
- A basic understanding of the technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, IT general controls and financial reporting concepts;
- Self-motivated and responsible for personal growth and development;
- Maintain an independent and objective position and self-report conflicts of interest; and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
Knowledge Required :
- Controls for financial reporting, compliance, business and operational processes of a U.S. defense and manufacturing contractor and information technology;
- SAP and data visualization software like Tableau;
- Contractor Business Systems as defined by the DFARS;
- Sarbanes Oxley.
Skills and Certifications Preferred:
- Internal control principles and business and technical knowledge of financial reporting concepts;
- Project management, including developing project plans and budgets;
- Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of self and team;
- Strategic thinking while simultaneously operating at a detailed level;
- Intellectual curiosity, professional skepticism and process improvement.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Lynchburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Consulting, Engineer, ERP, Law, Nuclear Engineering, Technology, Engineering, Legal