Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
The Atlas Copco North American Service Center (NSC) has become the logistical hub for the Compressor Technique and Construction Technique business areas in North America, supporting the aftermarket operations of Atlas Copco Compressors, BeaconMedaes, Pneumatech,
CP Compressors, Quincy Compressor, as well as Atlas Copcos Construction Technique customer centers in the US and Canada. It also supports the Industrial Technique business area acting as the distribution hub for the CP Tools business.
The service center operates out of two facilities (both located in Charlotte, North Carolina), with a total footprint of 215,000 square feet and ships around 975,000 order lines on a yearly basis. In order to exceed service level expectations the NSC manages
approximately USD 40 million in stock on hand, and carries over 36,000 different spare parts on the shelves.
A committed team of 140 employees make it happen on a daily basis.
Inventory Management and Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase orders to obtain sufficient stock levels of spare parts
- Process order acknowledgements, maintain vendor due dates in system, and update purchase order pricing
- Daily follow up with suppliers to gain delivery commitments on open purchase orders through phone calls and e-mails
- Proactively identify potential shortages and initiate actions to ensure availability of stocked parts
- Expedites and devises alternative solutions to resolve backorders and schedule delivery of critical parts in a timely manner.
- Build rapport with an assigned range of vendors to maintain a strong network of suppliers
- Monitor and analyze vendor performance to ensure an on time supply chain
- Work cross functionally with all departments of the service center to solve purchase order and inventory discrepancies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience ina logistical environment is a must
- Experience in Supply Chain, Forecasting, Replenishment, or Demand Planning preferred
- Previous experience analyzing large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preference for inventory control or purchasing experience with forecasting
- Proven ability to identify problems and utilize root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ownership and resulted achievements of goals
- Understanding and skill set with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Preference of familiarity with network and mainframe production control software systems
- SAP Experience a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop cross-functional/customer relationships and interact effectively with others in a team environment
- Can-do attitude with commitment to reaching targets and goals
- Keep commitment to customer (both internal and external) with a bias for action
- High energy level and an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a pragmatic approach to decision making utilizing available resources to form conclusions
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.