To ensure timely and accurate Investor Reporting to Master Servicer, Trustee, or Investor. This position is frequently audited and highly complex with a focus on mitigating financial exposure if deadlines are missed or reports are inaccurate. This position requires independent thinking and a solid understanding of the industry and reporting requirements including Schedule/Schedule and Actual/Actual.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of the remittance report (including payments, liquidations, modifications repayment of advances, service fees, trailing items, etc.) in accordance the specific investor guidelines meeting the required deadlines
- Preparation and review of monthly trial balance.
- Review, research, and resolve all variances in the Investor Reporting Application utilizing MSP, Servicing Director, or external reports as necessary.
- Prepare loss forms for submission to the Master Servicer, Trustee, or Investor for all shortfall liquidations including charge-offs.
- Review of modification report to ensure accuracy of data reported.
- Reporting of loan sales including cash movement to proper custodial account if required.
- Analyze interim remits received from prior servicer in order to incorporate into required remittance.
- Analyze reports from other retained subservicers in order to incorporate into the required remittance including ensuring remittance is received and balanced.
- Ensure all items identified in the reconciliation process are reported the following month in accordance with Investor guidelines.
- Completes review of custodial reconciliation to remittance report to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Research, resolve, and respond to all inquiries from Master Servicer, Trustee, or Investor in a timely manner.
- Prepare cash transfers to move funds received from other servicers to the appropriate P&I custodial account.
- Prepare wire request for each remittances to submit for review and approval.
- Assist other team members in the resolution of high level variances related to remittances.
- Special projects as assigned by the Investor Reporting Supervisor/Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate level of analytical skill
- Must be familiar with MSP and Servicing Director
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Ability to understand the various loans that Bayview services and the monetary impact on remittance being worked
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must possess working knowledge of mortgage loans, i.e.
- How to amortize loans
- Calculation of interest due on the various product types
- Fixed and ARM loan specifications
- Interpret Mortgage Documents
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or 4 years investor reporting experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- No minimum qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.EEOC
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.