Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Provide projects and sustaining electrical engineering support at our facilities. Act as one of Intel's System Owner of the site's electrical distribution system.
Sustaining engineering responsibilities:
Modeling the electrical power system and track changes; Troubleshooting electrical system problems ; conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies; Systematic problem solving; providing electrical load and capacity data; Delivering operational efficiency, maintenance, testing and commissioning solutions; driving capital budgets for system upgrades; providing technical leadership to IFM and contractors; member of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC); responding to power outages/disturbances and leading in the recovery effort; participating on cross site teams (RDCOC, E-JET, site audit, etc.); some travel and occasional weekend engineering support will also be required.
Project engineering responsibilities: reviewing and approving all electrical designs in the manufacturing, ; effective collaboration with Project Managers and Project Engineers, architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects; reviewing electrical design specifications, submittals, studies and drawings; possessing thorough knowledge of facilities low & medium voltage electrical distribution systems including transformers, low voltage substations, MCC's, generators, UPS', etc.; ability to review cost estimates, budgets and ROI analysis; ability to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently; possess a good knowledge of the latest NEC codes with ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications. Leading and working in a project team environment is essential.
Additional duties may include: Qualifications
Help maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings; ensure electrical system model is up to date and all construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals are received after project close out; help maintain and organize the document control storage area for fast retrieval of information (drawings, specifications, manuals, etc.); work closely with Project Engineers, contractors and engineers on project design and close out documentation; coordinate and oversee work of external consultant's CAD support; provide design and industrial engineering support on projects; organize, set up and maintain a CAD/document control system
- BS + 4 yrs. exp.; MS + 3 yrs. exp.; or PhD + 1 yr. exp. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with emphasis on power/utilities system is required.
- 4+ year of relevant job experience in areas such as low and medium voltage power, easy power, load flow analysis, electrical engineering drawings and short circuit calculations.
- 4+ years of experience in low and medium voltage power, load flow analysis, voltage drop and short circuit calculations, over-current device coordination and electrical utility forecasting for large manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Auto CAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects is required.
- Ability to communicate tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and demonstrate application of structured problem solving methods and tools.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Preferred Qualifications Inside this Business Group
- PE Registration or EIT certification is highly desired
- Knowledge of easy power software is preferred.
What we offer
We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation). We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.