**What does a great Java Software Development Engineering - Advisor I do?**
Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services. Helps support existing business systems applications and demonstrates proficiency and leadership within agile methodologies. Balances and prioritizes project work efficiently. Design applications, analyze, lead and coordinate business enterprise solutions. Develops high performance micro services and sets high standards of code quality.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be working closely with the existing team and scrum master in providing expertise in project architecture, design, and system implementations. Ability to analyze business requirements, crafting functional technical designs, business level documentation and code development is a must. You will be collaborating with internal partners to gather business requirements and translate them into a technical solution. You will be a major influencer in setting the technical direction for the team using current tools to provide the same business functionality in a more modern architecture.
You will develop services and deploy them in multiple environments including the inhouse Cloud Foundry platform as well as on Cloud provider architectures like AWS and Azure. You will analyze performance issue using modern tools and have a focus on code quality working hand in hand with out test engineers. Be part of a great team and work in modern technologies and make a difference for our clients!
**Basic Qualifications for consideration:**
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or relevant work experience
• 8 to 10 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming using modern Java tech stack
• Strong hands-on experience with Java 8 or above Junit 4 or above with test framework like wire mock, Mockito etc.., and Spring suite – mainly Spring Boot
• Experience with web services and related Microservice technologies and Architecture, API gateway.
• Experience in full software development life cycle using agile methodologies
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS.
• Ability to write high quality code with automated testing. Ability to analyze business requirements, crafting functional technical designs, business level documentation and code development.
• Install code changes and identify root-cause analysis.
**Preferred Qualifications for consideration:**
• Knowledge of financial technologies, standards, and industry regulations (i.e., Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) are highly preferred
• Some experience with Cloud deployment platforms such as Cloud Foundry, AWS, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience with JIRA and Confluence products.
• Prior technical lead role experience.
• Experience with Splunk
**Learn more about Fiserv:**
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
_Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet._