Job #1806: Healthcare
Title:EVS - Environmental Services Tech
Job Type:Contract To Hire
Job Location:Torrance CA
Under direct supervision, cleans and helps maintain a safe and healthy hospital environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* 1. Cleans assigned areas of the hospital including floors, walls, sinks, and lavatories, office areas and furniture, using prescribed procedures.
* 2. Upon patient discharge, performs terminal cleaning, i.e., a complete ceiling to floor cleaning of the environment including changing of bed linen.
3. Replenishes supplies of paper products and hand soap in restrooms.
4. Collects waste from assigned areas of the hospital, bags and compacts and disposes it.
5. Maintains assigned equipment, linen and trash carts in a clean and eye-pleasing condition.
6. Collect soiled linens, and transports bags to dock caged area for pick-up.
7. Responds to calls for special cleaning assistance from other departments.
8. Moves and arranges furniture for meetings and departmental moves.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of unusual conditions, security, safety or health hazards.
10. Performs other related work as required or requested.
Coordinates activities with staff members at all levels in assigned areas of the hospital.
Maintains pleasant and non-personal relationship with patients and visitors, maintaining at all times the patient's right to privacy.