Job #1891: IT
Title:Desktop Support / Field Technical Support Technician-4 consultants due @ 2pm 6/28
Global Service Resources/ComputerWorks Technologies a leading IT consulting and solutions company is seeking for a PC Desktop Support / Field Technical Support Technicians at our client site (LA County Gov.).
PC Desktop Support / Field Technical Support
Global Service Resources/ComputerWorks Technologies is seeking to obtain the services of 4 Consultants to provide daily primary field technical support of multiple scheduled projects specific to the fully Hosted County Department’s computing hardware and software new implementations and service improvement initiatives.
The same includes:
1. Windows 10 Deployment
2. Convention Center DHR Exams
3. 2,000 Laptop Replacement
4. Thin Client Replacement- Phase 2
5. Outstation installation and configuration
6. Mobile Devices “EMS” configuration and support
+ Provide primary support to end users for computing needs and maintain client hardware and software as required.
+ Install, configure, maintain and test computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment (PCs, laptops, thin client devices, printer etc.)
+ Assists County staff and image new Tablet and Desktop Personal Computers and re-image existing PCs, if applicable to prepare for project implementation.
+ Ensure all end user systems have up-to-date endpoint security and antimalware protection.
+ Install, configure, and customize complex applications based on user needs or business requirements.
+ Acts as a technical resource to end users and other information technology staff and troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves complex hardware, software, and network connectivity problems. ? Utilize software distribution tools and enterprise client management including Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM.
+ Document all troubleshooting steps, analysis, and actions taken in ISD’s Service Management System/Incident Tracking System (Cherwell) and ensure that all tickets are updated with accurate and detailed information until problem resolution and customer satisfaction occurs.
+ Identify common elements of incidents received by the Service Desk and communicate the findings to management and other support levels to ensure there is appropriate visibility.
+ Perform add, moves and changes of new and existing computer equipment and peripherals; transports equipment across physical locations.
+ Maintain records of equipment transported, installed and uninstalled and their disposition. Accurately track Information Technology (IT) asset inventory.
+ Maintain tracking of equipment and ensure vendor provides satisfactory repairs if equipment is under warranty.
+ Travel, approximately 150 miles per week, to various County locations to perform level 1 and 2 technical support services to department’s users.
+ Provide critical support to customer departments both in person and remotely through the use of various remote assistance tools.
+ Assists County staff to access, authenticate, and utilize virtual desktop systems through thin client devices or remote access.
+ JOB QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two (2) years installing, configuring, testing and troubleshooting client’s computing devices or software, at local as well as remote locations, in a centralized IT organization.
2. Two (2) years supporting customers via a call center environment with the use of help desk/call center trouble reporting/resolution software.
3. Two (2) years working with Personal Computers, including PC Operating Systems (e.g., Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10).
4. Two (2) years working with Microsoft Office Suite (2007, 2010, 2013, Office365 or a cloud-based environment.
5. One (1) year working with the various custom applications integrating with Microsoft Office Suite and other Web-based applications.
6. Two (2) years troubleshooting problems with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Exchange/Outlook.
7. Two (2) years troubleshooting problems with network communications (routers, bridges, gateways, firewalls, servers, switches, hubs, etc.).
8. Must have a Class “C” driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS/ INFORMATION
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Location: Downey, CA
Optional Heallth Benefits
No C2C and no H1B
References will be requested if called for an interview.
Since the job needs to be filled immediately please email your resume as soon as possible.
We will contact you on receipt!
Global Service Resources, Inc.
keywords:installing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, call center, PC Operating Systems, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10,Microsoft Office Suite 2007, 2010, 2013, Office365,Web-based applications,Internet Explorer and Microsoft Exchange/Outlook ,network communications (routers, bridges, gateways, firewalls, servers, switches, hubs.