Job #2348: IT
Title:MS Exchange/Office 365 Engineer Consultant
Job Location:Downey CA
ISD - SENIOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE/ OFFICE 365 ENGINEER CONSULTANT
The Los Angeles County (County), Internal Services Department (ISD), Shared Services Branch (SSB), seeks to obtain the services of one (1) Consultant at the level of Exchange Engineer to provide daily support for Microsoft Office 365 (O365) operations as well as multiple scheduled projects, specific to Hosted County Department’s Infrastructure needs and service improvement initiatives.
The initiatives are: Implementation of Data Discovery, Classification and Protection, Data Leakage Protection (DLP) through the use of Azure Automation, O365 - Automation of Licenses Report - Tenant A, Email encryption with Microsoft O365 Message Encryption (OME) and Implementation of Enterprise Mobility Suite RBAC policies.
The ITS Shared Services Branch (SSB) is responsible for the County’s centralized technical support and infrastructure management functions, as well as the expansion of Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS). The SSB ITSS Division provides desktop computer support for over 14,000 desktop computers, O365 support which includes supporting approximately 90,000 email/messaging accounts, centralized messaging and file/print services, Microsoft Active Directory support, virtualized desktop hosting and support, and hardware and software installation and moves for County Departments. The Consultant shall work with customers, management, and peers to design, configure, and support infrastructure systems and serve as a subject matter expert in support of Exchange, Exchange Online, and O365 core services.
C. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Consultant shall work under the direction of the ITSS Management and the Section Lead to perform all of the duties listed below as required for operational sustainability and to support the implementation of the above-mentioned listed initiatives:
• Perform architecture design and implementation functions with respect to the O365 solutions.
• Lead a team with the installation, configuration, testing, and implementation of new releases of all O365 services and tools.
• Support daily management/maintenance reporting of virtual servers, systems logs, policies, permissions, backups, message transfer, hosted messaging support, database store and indexes.
• Support business continuity/recovery efforts toward messaging information store, directory structure, supplemental databases (anti-spam/anti-virus), and shadow copy services.
• Support System utility programs and scripts to manage, monitor and report on the messaging systems. Prepare monthly business reports and maintain directory environment documentation.
• Perform in depth technical evaluations, including requirements analysis and documentation, evaluation criteria and provide post evaluation reporting on products including performance and SLA metrics on County’s Microsoft Email System.
• Monitor the Microsoft SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) Exchange console and provide immediate troubleshooting support on Critical alerts. Work with SCOM administrators to review and fine-tune Exchange management pack.
• Create and maintain systems, procedures documentation, and provide knowledge transfer to ISD’s O365/Exchange systems administration team and help desk.
• Provide administration of user mailbox management structure, queues, public folders, group and individual accounts, message transfer, database store, indexes, replication, hosted messaging support and disaster recovery.
• Analyze system performance data and project computer workloads for purposes of capacity planning and management.
• Design systems and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented to determine the feasibility of changes and modification of systems.
• Review systems proposals for conformance to standards and integration with the documented enterprise systems architecture.
• Perform feasibility studies to determine whether to re-engineer existing Infrastructure, evaluate, and implement new applications, or to purchase commercial software applications.
• Work with external partners, including consultants, agencies, and vendors, to evaluate and implement the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems.
D. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years’ in Maintenance and Support of Microsoft Exchange Online and Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server in a Hybrid Environment of 50,000+ user environment.
2. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years’ designing, implementing, and support of the following O365 Suite of services:
+ Exchange Online
+ OneDrive for Business
+ Skype for Business
+ SharePoint Online
+ Security and Compliance Center (eDiscovery, Archiving, Retention Policies, and Content Searches)
+ Exchange Online Protection
+ Mobile Device Management (Intune \ Airwatch \ MobileIron, etc.)
3. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years’ providing Information Technology consulting services in the enterprise customer arena.
4. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years’ performing analysis and documenting functional and technical requirement.
5. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years with the following:
+ Clients (Outlook, Outlook for Mac, IMAP, POP3, Mobile Devices)
+ Networking components including TCP/IP, DNS and WINS
+ Infrastructure including HLBs, reverse proxies and firewalls
+ VM technology and SAN storage
+ C, C++, Java, HTML, MySQL and PHP
+ AAD Connect
+ Azure (Reporting \ Azure AD \ Azure ADRMS \ Azure MFA)
+ Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
+ Intune (Conditional Access \ MDM \ MAM)
6. Four (4) years’ experience within the last six (6) years’ utilizing task automation via PowerShell scripting.
The qualified candidates are required to provide at least two (2) verifiable work references. References may be requested if called for interview. Bid submissions that fail to submit a complete WOS Form A will be disqualified. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.