Job #2514: IT
Title:PM (Agile Software Dev Required)
Job Location:Downey CA
STATEMENT OF WORK
ISD – WEB SERVICES SUPPORT
The Los Angeles County (County) Internal Services Department (ISD) Information Technology Service (ITS) is seeking to obtain the services of one (1) team of two (2) consultants from the same Contractor with expertise in the design and development of web content using Open Source Software (OSS) and WordPress Content Management Systems (CMS).
The mission of ISD’s ITS is to deliver centralized, reliable and secure solutions that support the County’s diverse technology needs in a cost-effective and transparent manner. ITS is responsible for the provision of technology services to a workforce of more than 100,000 employees in over 35 County Departments through the safeguarding and support of mission-critical systems, networks and data. These comprehensive information technology offerings are encompassed within four branches of service that include Shared Services, Customer Applications, Computing Services and Telecommunications. ITS Administration also includes Planning and Administration (PLAD), the service group responsible for developing the annual ITS budgets and monitoring the ongoing financial performance of its four branches.
The vision for ITS is to continually facilitate transformational change that guides and supports the shifting technology needs of customers while continuing to improve upon the dependability of delivering high quality and reliable IT services, and promoting increased productivity and collaboration.
In an effort to provide ITS stakeholders with a wider selection of software development and support solutions, faster time-to-market for critical strategic web content development projects, improved communication, marketing and innovation planning projects, ITS seeks to obtain Consultants experienced in Open Source Software platforms such as WordPress Content Management System (CMS) to enhance the design of, and develop, modern websites. ITS will establish multi-media content rapidly to respond to the County’s new initiatives, communications campaigns and strategies for both internal and external audiences. This includes marketing efforts related to leveraging innovative IT solutions for the County.
C. SCOPE OF WORK
ITS is seeking to obtain the services of a team of consultants to assist in web content and services development using WordPress CMS and OSS solutions, including consultation in the design and development of market-ready modern multi-media content that supports ISD’s strategic, operational and communications business practices.
The Contractor will assist ITS in utilizing the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) OSS bundle in designing and developing more engaging and outreach-oriented content in multi-media format.
WordPress CMS will be the primary application solution for the development and deployment process. A development IDE, deployment framework, and user interface (UI) pattern library will be used to facilitate both intranet and internet sites protected by the County’s security infrastructure.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Compliance:
When County websites were developed using IBM WebSphere tools and other legacy technologies, they were not developed according to ADA standards. Recently, new ADA standards were established to address newer technology and are outlined in the Section 508/WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
In order to remediate County websites to ADA Section 508/WCAG 2.0 Level’s “A” and “AA” compliance, the former Chief Information Office issued Technology Directive 14-02 to require departments to enable all County websites for accessibility to the disabled public, elderly and County employees.
The Contractor will render technical services consisting of debugging and remediation of IBM WebSphere websites and other website development tools using the Siteimprove reporting tool to remediate websites To ADA compliance standards, perform Siteimprove system administration functions and assist County departments in a consulting role.
The Contractor shall perform all of the following:
1. Website Development & Conversion Project Management Plan
Contractor shall coordinate and maintain project plans by providing guidance and best practice recommendations in the development of project planning documents to ensure proper staff allocation, action plans, governance guidelines, development standards and successful deployment of sites within prescribed timeframes.
• Contractor will provide outlines and standards for development of requirements specifications, wireframes and use of other agile development, prototyping and deployment tools.
• Contractor will provide consulting services for the evaluation and selection of tools and plugins appropriate to various websites considering load, scope, security and other needs.
2. Web Content Development & Conversion
• A generalized theme to render a modern look and feel, as well as a user friendly interface, for web content including, but not limited to, the following:
o Color schemes, widgets, typography, page layouts, homepages, forms, icons, sliders, menus, social integration, SEO, maps and animations
o Cross browser compatibility with fully responsive design
o Various page layout templates including tables, buttons and lists, icons, about us, services, contact, maps, calendars, newsfeed, FAC, etc.
o Support of Section 508/WCAG 2.0 compliance
o Responsive design for mobile viewing devices
o Recommend and implement innovation planning activities to increase public awareness of County services and support of the County’s mission.
• Custom web pages structure and functionality
• Enhanced user experience based on functional design
• Content creation and management using graphics and layout software to enhance communication and marketing visibility of County services, adapting simply to changing computing needs in the area of desktop support, customer assistance and internet development.
3. Hosting, Security and Network Integration and Deployment
Contractor shall lead the integration and deployment of developed assets or solutions to ITS’s computing hosting environments, including software installation, security scans, and server provisioning and deployment. This involves:
• Environment maintenance including software installation, server maintenance including Linux, Apache, MySQL, RHEL 6.5 & 7 and security software scanning and maintenance including Acunetix;
• Installation and configuration of hosting environments to include development and production;
• Documentation of key configuration parameters for each website and environment;
• Testing of performance and performing configuration changes until performance objectives are met;
• Participation in security screening and performing deployment changes until security standards are met;
• Documentation of software installation and creation of update procedures including add-on modules, widgets or plug-ins.
4. Business Planning, Support & Knowledge Transfer
• Assist ITS in formulating and executing staffing, training and business service plans in order to cost-effectively offer the necessary maintenance and support services to the County.
• Conduct knowledge transfer sessions with documentation for designated ITS support staff.
E. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Project Manager (PM)
Consultant must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Current certification in Agile Software Development Methodology and training. Certification documentation must be provided with response.
2. Five (5) years of project management experience in the last seven (7) years in software solution development projects.
3. Five (5) years of project management experience within the last seven (7) years developing CMS websites.
4. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years designing graphical user interfaces, websites and website prototypes that incorporate functionality including surveys, fillable forms, subscriptions, dynamic menus, responsive design and app integration.
5. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years with RHEL 6.x and 7.x.
6. Five (5) years’ of experience within the last six (6) years developing WordPress websites in a large public or private environment.
8. Five (5) years of experience within the last six (6) years using system support, security and maintenance software including Linus, Apache and Acunetix.
9. Two (2) years of experience within the last six (6) years in Section 508/WCAG 2.0 requirements and the Siteimprove website remediation application.
Team of Consultants
Consultants (can also include PM) must collectively meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in website development and conversion using OSS tools and WordPress CMS tools.
2. Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years developing requirement specifications for private or public sector websites.
3. Four (4) years of experience within the last five (5) years designing and configuring responsive CMS websites.
4. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years developing private or public sector websites utilizing the following tools:
a. Adobe Creative Suite including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
b. Adobe Acrobat
c. WordPress CMS
e. Linux, Apache, and Acunetix
5. Provide one (1) work sample for each of the following projects completed within the last two (2) years:
• Website design for public or private agency
• Business plan for website development services
• Detailed project plan for website development or conversion
If called upon for an interview, candidate will be required to provide references. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.
Bid submissions that fail to provide the requested samples above will be disqualified.
Bid submissions that fail to submit a complete WOS Form A will be disqualified.
Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.