Job #2527: IT
Title:(VDI) Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Consultant
Job Location:Los Angeles
DHS VIRTUAL DESKTOP INTEGRATION
The County of Los Angeles (County) Department of Health Services (DHS) seeks to obtain two (2) Consultants to assist with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) services. The Consultants will provide technical expertise, assist the Enterprise VDI team and provide support for the most specialized and complex applications.
DHS is the second largest municipal health system in the nation. Through an integrated system of 19 health centers and four hospitals, and through partnerships with community-based clinics, DHS annually cares for about 600,000 unique patients. Since the initial deployment of VDI in 2014, the environment has grown to support 15,000 users at DHS. These efforts are part of DHS’ consolidation strategies and the virtual desktop strategic plan to streamline the management and maintenance of desktops, enhance security, and provide greater accessibility for users. With the last two phases of the expansion project, an additional 10,000 users including all clinical and non-clinical staff, will have VDI access. Additionally, the project will include disaster recovery and replacement of legacy hardware. The Consultants will assist Enterprise VDI with the deployment, support, maintenance, and design of the VDI environment for the new and current users on VDI.
C. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/TASKS
The Consultants shall perform the following tasks:
• Work under the supervision and direction of the Enterprise VDI Supervisor.
• Assist in the creation of design and architecture of the VDI related projects including, but not limited to, 4 County hospitals, 2 MACC, 6 CHC, and 10 Health Centers, as well as managed care line and LASD.
• Assist in the creation of defined sections of the strategic and tactical plans.
• Provide clear communication of technology recommendations within the division.
• Centralize user desktop access.
• Enable access to virtual desktops by medical staff from multiple locations within all DHS related facilities.
• Assist in delivering enhanced security by leveraging dual factor authentication by centralizing approved user desktop applications, user access permissions and enabling single sign on through Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) system.
• Evaluate current systems to ensure that the needs of DHS are met and plan for expansion as needed.
• Provide VDI environment health checks at Martin Luther King Jr. Outpatient Center and LAC+USC Medical Center.
• Provide Gold Image updates, patches and recompose for all DHS sites.
• Provide Imprivata health checks/firmware version and client server version revisions.
• Provide Appsense health checks and application revisions.
• Provide Imprivata/Appsense/Horizon View policy updates/Change management.
• Provide Appsense license count/maintenance utilization report.
• Provide Endpoint management for Thin Client and Zero Clients.
• Responsible for Entitlements – Global, Local, ThinApps, RDS, Workspace for all sites.
• Document all work performed.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with various VDI applications.
• Work with Enterprise VDI staff to perform knowledge transfer.
• Perform project management duties.
D. WORK ORDER ADMINISTRATION
The County’s Project Manager or designee will make written work assignments and review and approve the Consultant’s time and status reports on a bi-weekly basis. The Project Manager or designee will monitor all expenditures.
The Consultant will be required to prepare and submit a one or two page Weekly Status Report stating the progress of the technical services assigned by the County's Project Manager or designee.
E. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Consultants must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years of senior-level systems administration experience in the design, implementation, and management of complex enterprise-level server and computing environments.
2. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years in design, implementation, and management of VDI utilizing the VMware platform including VSphere and Horizon View in high availability configurations.
3. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in design and management of the following applications in large IT environments (5000+ users):
4. One (1) year of experience within the last two (2) years working with Nutanix HCI platform in VDI user case.
All resumes submitted must be clear and concise with evidence that applicant meets all qualifications specified. Resumes submitted must include specific date of commencement and completion of all relevant work experience.
References may be requested if called for interview. Bid submissions that fail to submit a complete WOS Form A will be disqualified. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.