Job #2594: IT
Title:Sr. Application Developer (DBA Skills Needed SQL 2012+)
Job Location:Downey CA
STATEMENT OF WORK
Manager Profile Survey Application Replacement Project
The County of Los Angeles (County) Internal Services Department (ISD) General Government Systems Division (GGSD) seeks to obtain the services of one (1) Contractor at the level of Senior Application Developer to design and develop a new solution/application that will replace the existing Manager Profile Survey (MPS) application and integrate with Active Directory and other Enterprise applications.
The Manager Profile Survey (MPS) application is currently a .NET and SQL server based application that allows the department administrators to create the “Supervisor ID” and thus define the employee-supervisor relationship. This information is then sent over to e-HR, Learning Net and Performance Net Systems. The manual updates introduce an extra lag in the process, thereby delaying the updates and the workflow process in major enterprise applications (ie. e-HR, ESS, MARS etc.).
The Auditor Controller and Department of Human Resources (DHR) have requested ISD to design and develop an efficient and effective solution that would tightly integrate with the current Enterprise applications (e-HR, e-PAR, LMS, MARS etc.), Active Directory and other countywide applications (Learning Net, Performance Net etc.) eliminating the latency in Personnel Updates. In addition, this system should allow departmental administrators to define custom approver relationships that can be leveraged in the business processes of other applications. It should have a user friendly interface with role based access to control security and governance.
GGSD is responsible for developing the new solution that would replace the existing MPS application and automate these Personnel Changes by integrating with the enterprise applications (e-HR and ePAR).
The MPS system will be used to define the employee-supervisor relationship. It will also allow the creation of custom approver relationships that can be used by multiple applications for workflow purposes. The contractor will be providing programming support and database support for the MPS Replacement project.
The Consultant shall perform all of the following duties:
1. Actively participate in the brain storming and design sessions with the Business Analysts.
2. Design and develop user friendly and intuitive User Interfaces for the application using VB.Net and AJAX controls.
3. Develop test and implement supporting MS SQL Server Queries, Views and Stored Procedures based on industry best practices
4. Integrate the application with Active Directory and other .NET and Java based applications.
5. Make the application information i.e. the custom approver data available through WSDLs.
6. Support the application development through the entire software development lifecycle including the post implementation production support.
7. Participate actively in the Application migration to the Countywide Departments as an Application Server Administrator.
8. Provide weekly status reports to task supervisor on assigned tasks.
9. Document all VB.Net programs, SQL Queries/Stored Procedures, and application related processes and procedures performed.
10. Transfer all programming codes, scripting and Application knowledge to ISD staff.
D. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The work to be performed here under shall commence upon execution of the contract and continue for a maximum of eighteen (18) months. Work may be required beyond normal business hours based on the scheduling needs of ISD. ISD reserves the right to terminate the work order at any time before its expiration date.
Work location will be at:
Internal Services Department9150 E. Imperial HighwayDowney CA 90242
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. County holidays are excluded.
The Consultant should reside in Southern California (telecommuting is not allowed).
E. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Three (3) years’ experience in the last five (5) years with .NET framework 4.0+ with the following skills:
+ Microsoft Visual Studio
+ PowerShell or VBScript
+ Web Services
+ UI Designing
2. Three (3) years’ experience in the last five (5) years as an Application DBA and Developer in SQL Server 2012 (Or above) with the following skills:
+ Developing complex queries, stored procedures, triggers and performance tuning
+ Developing Integrations with other databases using the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
+ Developing Reports using the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
+ Performing Backups and Restores
+ Providing Database security
3. One (1) year experience in the last three (3) years developing applications that integrate with the Active Directory for authentication.
4. One (1) year experience in the last three (3) years developing and implementing role based security at the Enterprise* application level.
5. One (1) year experience in the last three (3) years developing or working with HR or Personnel applications at the Enterprise* level.
*Enterprise Level means applications used at a big organization level with large volume of users (50k +) and tightly integrated with other applications within the organization.
References on the WOS Form must be from actual companies where work was performed not from the Contractor submitting the resume. Bid submissions that fail to submit a complete WOS Form A will be disqualified.
References may be requested if called for interview. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.