Job #2616: IT
Title:Consultant: Storage Administration Shared SAN Infrastructure
Job Location:Downey CA
Great opportunity for Consultant at the level of Storage Administrator to provide support for Dell/EMC, IBM, Kaminario, and NetApp storage projects as well as assist in the storage infrastructure for ISD.
*12 Month Contract*
The Consultant shall be responsible for Dell/EMC, IBM, Kaminario, and NetApp storage design as well as configuring, deploying, and managing storage area network (SAN) solutions for various departments within the County due to increased storage demands from new customer systems and growth in existing systems.
The Consultant shall perform all of the duties listed below:
1. Perform storage administration tasks on Dell/EMC, IBM, Kaminario, and NetApp storage arrays in Data Center One and Local Recovery Center for hosts using AIX/HPUX/Linux/Windows operating systems.
2. Design, configure, implement, and maintain Dell/EMC VMAX, VPLEX, IBM V7000, V9000 and SVC virtualized, Kaminario K2, and NetApp FA8200/8300 storage systems.
3. Provision and configure Dell/EMC VPLEX virtualized storage in an active/active production environment.
4. Provide performance analysis and create/modify IBM SVC policies to meet host level performance requirements.
5. Install new and maintain hosts to Dell/EMC AppSync and IBM Catalogic for Windows and Unix hosts.
6. Create and present Symmetrix clones to hosts and configure for use with EMC AppSync.
7. Migrate AIX/HP-UX/Windows, and VMware ESX hosts between one vendor’s storage arrays to another vendor’s storage arrays.
8. Provision, decommission, and repurpose storage arrays for virtual and physical hosts.
9. Provide after-hours storage support for mission critical applications on virtual and physical hosts.
10.Provide cross training and knowledge transfers to internal team members.
11.Provide consultation to customers regarding the various available storage solutions.
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years as a storage administrator for enterprise environments.
2. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years with all Dell/EMC, IBM, Kaminario, and NetApp: a. storage solutions from midrange to enterprise class storage arrays b. NetApp replication technologies.
3. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years with IBM: a. SAN hardware (such as IBM V7000 and IBM V9000 series) b. Storage replication technologies, SVC, Flash copy manager, and spectrum control.
4. Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years with UNIX (HP-UX, IBM AIX, Linux).
5. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years as system administrator for AIX, HPUX, VMware, and Windows platforms.
6. Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years with VMware ESX 5.x.
7. One (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years allocating Dell/EMC, or IBM, or Kamainario, or NetApp storage to Cisco UCS hosts.
8. One (1) year of experience within the last 3 years configuring EMC VPLEX.
9. One (1) year of experience within the last 3 years configuring IBM SVC.
Don't miss this great opportunity! Contact us as soon as possible!
Leslie Delos Reyes
Global Service Resources, Inc.
Direct: (818) 252-9201
Toll Free: (800) 779-GLOBAL (4562) Ext. 9201
Fax: (866) 369-6005
Storage Administration, Configuration