Job #2658: IT
Title:IT Professional (Desktop, Radio and Network Support)
Job Location:Clovis CA
IT Professional (Desktop, Radio and Network Support)
Do you want to work for the government? Get your foot in the door and let us use our contacts to get you your first job with Fresno County! Endless opportunities await.
*6 Month Contract with month to month extension afterwards*
*Pay: $17 to $23 depending on experience.*
Global Service Resources is looking for an IT Professional to perform support functions for the Department of Internal Services, Information Technology Division (including radio, communications, network, and desktop).This will be a minimum six-month project, with a monthly renewal thereafter. Candidates should have knowledge of networking, communications, and electronics.
A full background check will be required.
· Personal interest in electronics, computers, and/or radio communications.
· Ability to work with computers and other electronic devices.
· Receive, unload, and asset tag equipment for inventory purposes.
· Familiar with basic telecom tools.
· Services, troubleshoots and repairs to component level, electronic communications equipment such as VHF, UHF, FM, land mobile two-way radio base stations, mobiles, portables, pagers and remote control equipment, to include microwave, radar and digital equipment;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Associated with Essential Functions:
· Troubleshoot/diagnose and resolve computer problems as well as coverage of simulated frequencies and the coverage area by testing hardware, software, network connections, and consulting with various other IT sources.
· Assist with public safety radio console installation and maintenance
· Radio programming, maintenance, and service
· Knowledge of electrical, electronic and digital theory.
· Skill in the use of hand tools, VOM meters, frequency and power meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic probes
· Assist in site preparation and ensuring that power, cabling, and communication requirements have been met prior to equipment installation.
· Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Good command of the English language in both oral and written communications.
· Ability to travel independently throughout Fresno County to install hardware and software, resolve trouble calls, and meet with other County or vendor staff.
· Valid California driver’s license.
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds unassisted as needed.
· May be required to use personal vehicle.
· Pass Live Scan fingerprinting
If you think you're a good fit for this position, please do no hesitate to call us for more details.
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyes
Global Service Resources, Inc.
Direct: (818) 252-9201
Toll Free: (800) 779-GLOBAL (4562) Ext. 9201
Tel: (818) 244-4484 Ext. 9201
Fax: (866) 369-6005