Job #2859: IT
Title:Information Security Analyst
***W-2 ONLY. No C2C.***
Do you want to work for the government? Let us use our contacts to land you a job at LA County!
Global Service Resources is looking for a Information Security Analyst to assist the Information Systems Infrastructure & Operations teams in the implementation of systems, security, and network best practices. The Consultant shall work jointly with the Systems, Network and Systems Operations teams within DPH Information Systems (PHIS) to provide critical System, Networking and Security operations support.
Contract: 12 Months with a high chance of extension or permanent hire.
Location: Department of Public Health in Commerce, CA
Hours: Time TBD, 40 hours a week.Pay Rate: Open. LA County will choose the candidate with the best skills at the most affordable rate.***Travel to other County of Los Angeles offices may be required. Gas and mileage will not be reimbursed, so please factor that into your desired hourly rate. ***
Must Meet ALL Minimum Qualifications:
1. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years implementing, managing and deploying Cisco 6500 catalyst switches, Nexus 9000, 7000 and 2000 network administration, Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls in the following areas: firewall, proxy, router, switching, and operating system security.
2. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years implementing, managing and upgrading WAN and LAN monitoring technologies, including network management and monitoring (NPM). Administer and manage Solarwinds NPM, APM and NetFlow, Cisco Prime, ISE, Security Manager and DCIM.
3. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years overseeing security administration and auditing in a multi-vendor, open systems computing environment.
4. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years managing and implementing Cisco ASA, Juniper firewalls, IDS, event correlation tools, and Tenable Vulnerability scanning technology.
5. Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years implementing secure network solutions in an organization that is subject to HIPAA regulations.
6. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years implementing and managing hardware and software components of LAN / WAN operations, including security, network protocols (TCP/IP and IPSEC), the OSI Model, network topology, network routing and switching.
7. Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years managing and implementing vulnerability concepts and information security theory as they apply to authentication methods, firewalls, intrusion detection, proxies, and encryption and vulnerability assessment processes and security solutions related to networks and servers.
8. Must have at least three (3) of the following certifications: CCNA, CCSP, CCNP, CISA, CISSP, MCSA or INFOSEC (Must provide if called for an interview)
PHIS is responsible for the development, deployment, and maintenance of the Department’s systems, network and security operations.
Description of Work Duties:
·Assist with the development, deployment, and maintenance of the DPH’s systems, network, and security operations.
·Work with DPH staff to ensure the successful design, enhancements, implementation and administration of network and computing security technologies.
·Work with DPH staff to evaluate, implement and manage security vulnerability prevention and defense, perform information security audits and investigations, identify and document security weaknesses in proposed multi-platform solutions.
·Communicate security issues to the project team, enhance network/system management and monitoring solutions, and recommend security controls necessary to mitigate risks utilizing best-of-breed security solutions.
·Interface with the project teams and vendor in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
·Interface with the PHIS networking team in the management of the County network.
·Configure and validate the systems, network, and security architecture solution.
·Develop procedural documentation related to system, network, and security infrastructure.
·Provide technical engineering services for the DPH’s Security Operations team and ensure best practices are followed so that data is kept secured and systems are protected according to HIPAA, federal and state statutes and regulations.
·Work closely with DPH’s Security team to ensure computer security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in security plans. Test security products and systems to detect security weaknesses and perform event correlation across systems.
·Work closely with the DPH’s Network team to ensure the core equipment in the data center is configured properly, is being managed and monitored based on industry best practices.
·Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to DPH technical staff.
·Provide weekly status reports, or as requested, by DPH’s Director of Infrastructure and Operations.
***LOS ANGELES COUNTY HAS A RIGOROUS INTERVIEW/HIRING/ON-BOARDING PROCESS DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE POSITION. PLEASE NOTE THAT PHONE INTERVIEWS, IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS MAY TAKE 3 TO 9 WEEKS ALTOGETHER***
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyes
(818) 252- 9201
Global Service Resources, Inc.