Job #2917: IT
Title:Senior Application Developer (Full Stack)
Job Location:Downey CA
***W-2 Only. No Corp to Corp***
Do you want to work for the government? Let us use our contacts to land you a job at LA County!
Global Service Resources is looking for a Senior Application Developer (for the General Government Systems Division) to assist and provide support for the re-design, development and data cleansing and migration of the Vendor Direct Deposit Request application.Contract: 9 Months with a high chance of extensionHours: M-F 8AM to 5PMLocation Internal Services Department in Downey, CAPay Rate: Negotiable
Must Meet ALL of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years as a full application stack developer on the Azure platform using:
a. Azure DevOps, API based Development, GITHub
b. API based development, SOAP, REST
c. Active Directory integration using LDAP and web services
d. Mobile application development, Web Forms, MVC
e. Agile methodologies
f. OpenShift, deployment and administration of applications on IIS and Apache Tomcat
2. Three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years with .NET framework 4.0+ with the following skills:
a. ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET Core, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL, LINQ
c. UI Design
e. VBScript, PowerShell
3. Three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years as an Application DBA and Developer in SQL Server 2012 (or above) with the following skills:
a. Developing complex queries, stored procedures, triggers and performance tuning
b. Developing Integrations with other databases using the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Cleansing
c. Developing Reports using the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
d. Perform Backups and Restores
e. Data security, encryption, knowledge of
4. Two (2) years of experience in the last three (3) years implementing security solutions for *Enterprise Level applications including role-based security, data conversion and secure integration of financial data per FIPS guidelines (*Enterprise Level means applications used at an organization level with large volume of users (50k +) and tightly integrated with other applications within the organization.)
5. One (1) year of experience in the last (2) years with Red Hat Linux and the Linux container and cluster management eco-system.
The Vendor Direct Deposit Request application is an application built using Microsoft .NET programming languages and an SQL Server backend. It is an application built to augment the availability and specific functionality of the county’s ERP application. The application can be accessed by registered vendors through LA County’s vendor registration system. Once logged in, the vendor can be walked through the initiation and submission of a new direct deposit request which will be processed internally thereafter or see the status of an existing direct deposit request they may have already submitted.
The application has been in use for over four years and during that time, needs have been identified in the areas of user experience and user interface modernization, application performance, usability, data structure and cleanliness as well as integration updates for compatibility with upstream applications including the ERP. Los Angeles County’s Auditor Controller Department, requests the application be redesigned with an API based, Mobile-First approach and leverage the best parts of the existing code base where possible.
GGSD is responsible for re-developing the Vendor Direct Deposit request application as well as perform changes to the data structures and data cleanup. This effort will be undertaken in parallel with maintaining the existing version of the application and data by staff who are fully booked with projects. GGSD seeks to obtain the services of a Consultant who can quickly understand the business requirements and deliver the re-developed application in the allocated timeframe
· Actively participate in the brain storming and design sessions with the Business Analysts and the existing application’s developers.
· Analyze and evaluate the existing application stack and code including third party business logic frameworks such as CSLA.
· Analyze the existing data structures and data, design and create the next version of the database including all database objects such as tables, views, SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and more.
· Define SSIS packages to move data between applications.
· Define SSRS reports to be rendered on client devices including mobile.
· Define a process to cleanse and migrate production data for development and production cut-over.
· Design and develop API based, cloud native applications.
· Implement improvements to an existing role based application security system and data.
· Support the application development through the entire software development lifecycle including, post implementation production support.
· Maintain complete documentation of the application and its artifacts and transfer all programming codes, scripting and Application knowledge to ISD staff.
· Provide weekly status reports to task supervisor on assigned tasks.
***LOS ANGELES COUNTY HAS A RIGOROUS INTERVIEW/HIRING/ON-BOARDING PROCESS DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE POSITION. PLEASE NOTE THAT PHONE INTERVIEWS, IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS MAY TAKE 3 TO 9 WEEKS ALTOGETHER***
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyes
(818) 252- 9201
Global Service Resources, Inc.