Job #2920: IT
Job Location:Downey CA
***W-2 Only. No Corp to Corp***
Do you want to work for the government? Let us use our contacts to land you a job at LA County!
Global Service Resources is looking for a UI/UX designer to enhance LA County websites, web applications, mobile apps and marketing material. This enhancement shall be visually appealing, innovative, easy to use and consumer friendly.
Contract: 12 Months with a very high chance of extension or permanent hire.
: M-F 8AM to 5PM
Pay Rate: Competitive. Negotiable.
Location: Internal Services Department in Downey, CA
ISD has created a WordPress services line of business named WP Pro specializing in WordPress hosting and support. Within three years, WP Pro has created a County operated WordPress hosting platform and migrated 52 County websites from a variety of technologies to WordPress. WP Pro now hosts and supports 52 WordPress websites. WP Pro has recently added mobile app development to its services portfolio. This coming year WP Pro is putting a greater emphasis on new development and will create an increase in workload/projects.
Must Meet ALL of the following Requirements:
1. Eight (8) years of experience within the past ten (10) years working as a UI designer.
3. Five (5) years of experience within the past eight (8) years working as a UX designer.
4. Five (5) years of experience within the past eight (8) years creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
5. Five (5) years of experience within the past eight (8) years working as a graphic designer.
6. Eight (8) years of experience within the past ten (10) years using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
7. Three (3) years of experience within the past five (5) years using UI/UX prototyping software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar.
8. Three (3) years of experience within the past five (5) years using accessibility standard WCAG 2.0 to influence design.
9. Three (3) years of experience within the past five (5) years using Google Analytics to influence design.
10. Three (3) years of experience within the past five (5) years working on a team.
11. Three (3) years of experience within the past five (5) years working with executive level stakeholders.
12. Five (5) years of experience within the past eight (8) years presenting to customers.
13. Five (5) years of experience within the past eight (8) years interviewing users, running focus groups, analyzing user metrics, and understanding user behavior.
14. Must provide: three (3) sample UI designs demonstrating a high degree of form, three (3) sample UI designs demonstrating a high degree of function and one (1) sample storyboard, user flow or process flow.
Scope of Work:
The UI/UX designer will interact with executive-level stakeholders and business users to design interfaces, functionality, process flows, and graphics for WordPress website, web application, and mobile app projects. The UI/UX designer will also code front-end themes and UI elements and create marketing material. Projects are of varying size and complexity and often times come with an aggressive schedule. Most projects are designed for a public audience. The UI/UX designer will work in a team of developers, testers, and project managers on new development projects, enhancement work, and WordPress support. The UI/UX designer will provide guidance and instruction when needed to customers and team members
-Collaborate with executive-level stakeholders, business users, focus groups, team members to implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
-Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
-Execute all visual design stages from concept, wire framing, prototyping, to coding markup.
-Present and support designs and key milestone tasks to peers, management and executive level stakeholders.
-Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex business processes.
-Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps that intuitively communicate interaction and design principles.
-Design and code user interfaces and themes.
-Build WordPress websites.
-Produce marketing collateral for web, email, search, and print.
-Write or curate website copy.
-Establish and promote usability, accessibility, design and editorial best practices and standards.
-Evaluate and identify tools for producing design collateral.
-Conduct scorecard and moodboard researches and present design ideas/suggestions.
-Conduct website usage analysis and provide recommendations for design and content strategy.
-Conduct content inventory and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) analysis and provide recommendations for design and content strategy.
-Practice and use US Web Design System 2.0 (USWDS 2.0).
-Provide recommendations for content strategy.
***LOS ANGELES COUNTY HAS A RIGOROUS INTERVIEW/HIRING/ON-BOARDING PROCESS DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE POSITION. PLEASE NOTE THAT PHONE INTERVIEWS, IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS MAY TAKE 3 TO 9 WEEKS ALTOGETHER***
Note: You will not receive the same benefits as a direct County employee. You will be eligible for Health Insurance at a Discounted Rate (for yourself only) and 3 paid Sick Days after 90 days of employment.
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyes
(818) 252- 9201
Global Service Resources, Inc.