Job #2928: IT
Title:Senior Application Developer
***W-2 Only. No Corp to Corp***
Do you want to work for the government? Let us use our contacts to land you a job at LA County!
Global Service Resources is looking for a Senior Application Developer for LA County’s Internal Services Department. The candidate would serve as support for DHR projects within the Shared Documentum Infrastructure. The candidate will be a resource in support of the current DHR eAppeals application phase 3, as well as other pending DHR applications. Such support may include, 1) recommendations to the applications’ design and architecture, 2) working with DHR’s solution provider on application issues, such as performance, 3) production application support, 4) application programming and/or enhancements, 5) data migration, and 6) environment provisioning/upgrade.
Contract: 12 Months with a high chance of extension
Pay Rate: Open. Negotiable.
Location: Downey, CA
Schedule: M-F. 40 Hours a week.
DHR went live with its eAppeals system, which allowed employees to file an electronic appeal, in July 2016. CAB’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) group provides not only infrastructure support, but also application support, for this system. The third phase will complete the last portion of the application and add various enhancements. Further, once this is completed, a middle tier upgrade of the infrastructure will be required. This will include remediation of the application code to work on the environment.
Must meet ALL Minimum Requirements:
1. Three (3) years of experience within last five (5) years working as a senior developer with the responsibility of solution design.
2. Three (3) years of experience within last five (5) years working with Documentum 7.x. or higher.
3. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in developing applications using xCP 2.x. or higher.
4. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in developing applications using D2 4.x. or higher.
5. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in developing applications using REST services.
6. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in developing applications using DFC.
7. Two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years in developing applications using Java & Eclipse.
8. Three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and maintaining Documentum software in a Linux environment.
9. Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and maintaining EMC D2 software, and EMC xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP) software, including Content Server (CS), xPlore Server, Content Transformation Server (CTS), xCP application server, and other xCP components.
-In support of DHR application(s), o Install, configure, upgrade, and patch the Documentum Content Servers, xCP/ D2 application servers, xPlore servers, Content Transformation Servers (CTS) and other Documentum software following established standards.
-Analyze, troubleshoot, solve server and/or application issues
-Prepare and implement changes via the established Change Management process, and provide incident reports when requested by management.
-Provide technical assistance, recommendations and/or solutions to the vendors working on development of the DHR applications as well as ECM team to improve xCP application system performance or application issues.
-Work with software vendors’ technical support and customers to resolve issues.
-Develop technical documentation for the DHR applications.
-Transfer system support knowledge to ISD staff.
The Consultant will be required to prepare and submit a one or two page Weekly Status Report stating the progress of the technical services assigned by the County's Project Manager or designee. To be included in the report are the following:
-Time period covered by the report.
-Overview of the reporting period.
-Tasks, assignments, and other work items for the reporting period that are:
-Scheduled for next reporting period
-List issue(s) resolved and/or issue(s) to be resolved.
-Summary of project status as of reporting date.
***LOS ANGELES COUNTY HAS A RIGOROUS INTERVIEW/HIRING/ON-BOARDING PROCESS DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE POSITION. PLEASE NOTE THAT PHONE INTERVIEWS, IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS AND BACKGROUND CHECKS MAY TAKE 3 TO 9 WEEKS ALTOGETHER***
Note: You will not receive the same benefits as a direct County employee. You will be eligible for Health Insurance at a Discounted Rate (for yourself only) and 3 paid Sick Days after 90 days of employment.
Contact us ASAP so we can submit you and get the ball rolling on this great opportunity!
Leslie Delos Reyes
(818) 252- 9201
Global Service Resources