Edge Hosting a Data Bank company is growing its team and looking for those who want a great place to start their career by gaining invaluable experience across a wide range of technologies. You will get exposed to many different technologies. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE A SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR.
- This position is 4 days x 10 hrs
- This is a night shift position
The Jr. Hosting Engineer provides technical support and serves as the First Point of Contact (FPOC) and First Point of Resolution (FPR) for Edge customers. The role of a Jr. Hosting Engineer is to monitor and react to custom alarms, customer portal tickets and inbound calls to the call center. The Jr. Hosting Engineer will facilitate timely resolution of alarms and incident ticket through basic and advanced troubleshooting methodologies and through standard operating procedures and using a wide array of technologies. The goal of the Jr. Hosting Engineer is to respond to alarms and Return to Service (RTS), as well as provide value-add support by reviewing and monitoring alarms and tickets for Change and Problem Management activities.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a customer focused personality, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn and bring new technologies to market. Communication and ownership of problems and projects is integral to the Support team.
This Jr. Hosting Engineer works closely with infrastructure, development, and Engineering teams. The Support team is central to the on-boarding of exciting new platforms and technologies. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is passionate about Linux, Windows and open systems.
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following:
- 1-2 years of Windows and/or Linux network administration, WAN administration, and/or LAN administration, or an accredited college work
- 1-2 years of network administration, WAN administration, and/or LAN administration
- 1-2 years of experience with Apache, IIS, DNS/Bind, Sendmail, Weblogic, MySQL, Postfix, ASP, .NET, ColdFusion, PHP, Perl, HTML
- 1-2 years of customer support experience
- Must be proficient in Linux
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Server technology and IIS
- Must be proficient with load-balancing and traffic management technologies
- Experience with network monitoring tools (ex: HP Openview, Intermapper, Solarwinds)
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI model
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills over the phone, e-mail and documentation
- Experience with high availability environment
- Accomplishes tasks with minimal supervision
Preferred qualifications include:
- Microsoft and/or Linux Certifications
- Work with various internal groups and customers to troubleshoot server/application/hardware issues, provide resolution(s)
- Adhering to the escalation timelines and procedures as required
- Troubleshoot and provide breakfix response to all software and hardware related service disruptions
- Accurate documentation of work history