Sparkies Kitchen & Bar - Kitchen Manager Job Description
Located in the beautiful Highland, Michigan lakes area, Sparkies invites you to join the team providing amazing food and service to our guests who are treated like family!
Kitchen Manager Job Summary: Jointly with the Restaurant General Manager (GM), actively recruits and selects effective new Team Members according to staffing requirements. The Kitchen Manager also provides staff leadership to ensure our guests enjoy an outstanding experience at Sparkies Kitchen & Bar!
· Adheres to the labor model to properly staff the Kitchen
· Conducts or closely supervises training to all Team Members. Completes documentation as required and files appropriately.
· Ensures compliance with the company wage schedule/review schedule in conducting the hourly associates’ appraisals
· Regularly gives appropriate Team Member recognition
· Practices a continual two-way communication flow of information with the GM and Team
· Constantly demonstrates a professional manner of a high level of character, honesty and integrity
· Develops a trusting atmosphere. Models a professional image. As necessary, coach, discipline, and/or terminate the staff according to company policy
· Reviews all Guest/Team Member complaints and ensures they are handled appropriately and promptly
· Ensure all operational procedures are in compliance with regulations
· Assists the GM in overseeing the restaurant operations P&L, diligently monitoring production output and food costs
· Maintains an ongoing proper inventory levels and product pricing
· Maintain the established staffing levels according to the labor model. Is accountable for staffing and overtime targets.
· Follows company guidelines on vendor relationships.
· Jointly with the GM, develops and implements menu sales promotions and assure the success of the promotions.
· Takes the leadership role in the commitment to all company marketing and operation programs to meet budgets and EBITDAR targets.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
· Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable.
· Minimum of three to five years supervisory experience in restaurant operations, proficient computer skills
· Proficient in planning and analytical skills to create positive financial results
· Ability to effectively present business actions plans and operational reports
· Lift & carry weight of 50 pounds, & climb a ladder
· Stand/walk for up to ten hours and sit for up to four hours
· Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license with insurance
· Work irregular hours in exterior and interior conditions.
Join the Sparkies Kitchen & Bar Team as the Kitchen Manager!