LTACH Chief Executive Officer
Advanced Specialty Hospital, Toledo, Ohio
The CEO provides leadership, strategic guidance and management direction to all aspects of the Long Term Acute Care hospital's operations while ensuring compliance with the hospital's mission, vision, values, goals, strategic direction, and applicable laws and regulations.
The CEO is accountable for safe and quality patient care, developing and managing to a financially sound annual operating budget and long-term capital expenditure plan, hiring and retaining qualified and productive staff, managing risk, leading performance improvement, and maintaining effective relationships with Boards, medical staff, patients, employees, the community and the corporate office.
A strong community focus calling for regular face-to-face communication with physicians, the community and staff is critically important; thus the CEO will need to live with his/her family, as applicable, in the Toledo, Ohio area.
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in a health care related field such as MHA/MBA/MPH/MS, or a BS in a health care related field with a business related masters, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- 5-7years progressively more responsible experience at the senior administrative level. LTACH experience required. CEO or COO experience required. HIH (hospital-in-hospital) experience preferred.
- Must have a track record of effective operational, financial, business development, and strategic skills along with proactively developing positive relationships with physicians, employees, Board members and community leaders.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to enhance a quality of care environment, positive clinical outcomes and a high level of patient, physician and employee satisfaction
- Ability to mentor and cultivate a talented management team
- Proficient knowledge of all related post-acute care legal, regulatory and financial requirements
- Ability to create and maintain a positive community image
- Ability to be diplomatic and possess a high degree of political savvy
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills
- Possess a strong customer and service to others orientation
- Possess sound and accurate judgment and timely decision making
- Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision. All stakeholders should know the hospital's mission, vision, and priorities.
- Works with CommuniCare Health Services, senior management team, physicians and staff to develop, implement, and update strategies and opportunities for growth and improvement to support the hospital's mission and respond to external and internal issues.
- Conducts interdepartmental meetings at regular intervals and maintaining minutes of the meetings; preparing an annual operating budget of anticipated income and expected expenditures; and preparing a capital expenditure plan for at least a three year period.
- Is responsible for the operational, strategic, financial and clinical performance of the hospital.
- Provides for a system of control which clearly identifies deviations from plans and budgets; assure periodic comparison of performance and/or results against established standards for objectives; and assure corrective actions for deviation from plans so that annual results are in line with strategic goals.
- Maintains the hospital's compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participates in and represent the hospital in professional, civic, and service organizations.
- Keeps abreast of new legislative information that impacts the acute care venue.
We offer a competitive base salary with a benefits program. Paid relocation will be provided if needed.
Advanced Specialty Hospital of Toledo is a 40-bed, all private room, long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) in Toledo, Ohio that specializes in caring for medically complex patients that require an extended hospital stay of approximately 20 to 30 days. Our patients are medically complex and may require some or all of the following: daily physician visits, critical care ACLS trained nurses & respiratory therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers, discharge planners, dialysis, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Advanced Specialty Hospital of Toledo welcomes those from short-term acute care hospitals, intensive care, step down, or cardiac units when these hospitals are no longer appropriate or cost-effective. The Advance Specialty Hospitals of Toledo is proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission, registered by the state of Ohio and Medicare-certified.t Facilities committed to providing s