Lab Operations Dir - Erie, PA req11196
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am- 5pm
Currently we are seeking a Lab Operations Director. As a Lab Operations Director, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Basic Purpose: Oversees technical lab operations for units with less than $70mm in revenue but greater than 300 employees. Responsible through lab managers for quality and timeliness of technical procedures, compliance, and overall lab budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and coordinates laboratory activities to insure that services are provided on schedule with quality and cost objectives.
2. Insures that all laboratory activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and governmental regulations and laws.
3. Develops and trains personnel within the laboratory and reviews and appraises their performance.
4. Establishes laboratory organization plan and delegates responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate subordinates.
5. Creates and evaluates new procedures and equipment for potential use on the laboratory and recommends new procedures and equipment where necessary.
6. Directs, coordinates and oversees major unit projects to the best economic advantage of the corporation.
Education: BSMT (MS/Ph D desirable)
ASCP Certification preferred
Work Experience: 8+ years lab experience including at least 3 years in a managerial role
Key Word Search: operations, budget, oversee, manage, direct, compliance, coordinate, leader, medical technologist
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.