Posting Details Position Information Job Title Lead Cook/Line Cook
Department Purchasing and Auxiliary Services
Serve Safe CertificationPreferred Qualifications
3-5 Years Culinary ExperienceKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of all Culinary Kitchen Equipment including but not limited to an exhaust system, grease trap, walk-in freezer, dishwasher, etc.Essential Functions
2. Working understanding of POS System
Maintain order in the kitchen during working hoursPhysical Demands
2. Make sure the sanitation and food safety standards are met in all stages of food
Preparation. This starts with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which
leaves the kitchen door.
3. Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any
malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients
4. Sous Chef/Line cook will communicate day to day specials, menus, etc. with Kitchen personnel.
5. Sous Chef will prepare a la carte meal per request
6. Work Front Grill and hot food line area, in conjunction with Chef.
7. Help put stock deliveries away, utilizing FIFO and properly labeling and dating all materials.
7. In the absence of the Chef, Sous Chef will become First in Charge, assisting all internal and external customers.
8. Complete other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:Required Working Hours A minimum of a 25-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Ability to lift, at times, 50 lbs.
Good eye/hand dexterity.
Hiring Range $13-14 per hour
Job Type Part Time Staff
Posting Detail Information Posting Number AS203P
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.