Lead Full Stack Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Compensation: Extremely competitive compensation package
Start Date: ASAP
Our San Francisco client is a small, but growing, food-tech company (w/ substantialfinancial backing) with the goal of empowering families to eat healthier meals. They are building an intelligent platform that uses advanced machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to both generate personalized meal recommendations and reinforce better eating habits.
To achieve this goal they have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. They believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat and cook.
As an early employee, you will greatly impact the design and development of our client's product. We are looking for creative people who are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy learning and teaching as part of a dynamic team.
What will you be working on?
- Lead the backend and frontend software architecture of our consumer-facing mobile applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Managers to iterate on the design and implementation of product
- Manage technical and product development projects with business stakeholders
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Platform Engineers to enrich customer experience using unique data products. Help build and enable a teachable platform to strengthen personalization of our recommendations.
- Identify technical solutions and help prioritize work across our engineering team.
- Mentor and provide guidance to both junior and senior engineers.
- Architect and implement efficient and reusable systems and abstractions
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
Do you have the right chops?
- You have experience leading engineering teams, providing technical and mentoring expertise.
- You have collaborated well and effectively with a product, design, and engineering organization.
- You have created engineering roadmaps and processes to improve and extend current product capabilities.
- You are experienced with client-side web and and native application development, including:
- web libraries and app frameworks such as React native, Angular, Ionic, and CSS
- cross browser development and optimizing front end performance
- experience with native application development with technologies like React Native is preferred
- You are experienced with backend application engineering, including:
- familiarity with a server-side web framework, e.g. Flask, Django, NodeJS, or Sinatra
- you have designed, implemented, monitored and maintained successful RESTful APIs
- you have experience with a variety of databases, including relational databases and at least one non-relational database.
- At least 3 years related work experience
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of sustainable software development and like to experiment with cutting edge web development and UI technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- You enjoy working on a small agile dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You are creative, like learning new skills and teaching others
- You are motivated to have a positive impact on the world and want to work on a diverse set of problems
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
Qualified candidates are encouraged to select "apply now" and send updated resume for consideration.
Application Development, Mobile, Web, Full Stack, React, Native, Ionic, Angular, CSS, React Native, Flask, Django, NodeJS, Sinatra, RESTful, API, NoSQL, Agile, UI - provided by Dice