No matter what goals todays athlete has, the Connected Fitness business unit provides the technology needed to help them train, perform, and improve. All they need to bring is the WILL. MapMyFitness, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal and Under Armour have teamed up to create Under Armour Connected Fitness, a business unit dedicated to providing the technology needed to train, perform and improve. Aimed at transforming fitness and performance, Under Armour is committed to leveraging new and emerging digital technologies to create unmatched consumer and member experiences, both online and in our stores.
We are seeking a Lead Machine Learning Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be required to demonstrate strong software engineering skills, as well as the ability to both understand and implement novel machine learning solutions. You will spend a mix of your time researching new solutions for product features as well as productionizing these solutions to make sure they work at scale. You will work closely with data scientists and engineers to solve complex problems and deliver business impact.
- Research and experiment with different machine learning algorithms and techniques for pattern recognition, attribute extraction, product recommendation and matching
- Productionize the developed Machine Learning solutions
- Work with engineers to make sure the engines scale well on high volumes of data
- Conduct design and code reviews
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Experience in using machine learning techniques for classification, regression, or ranking problems.
- 3+ years of industry experience in machine learning preferred
- Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in Python
- Proficiency with databases and SQL
- Experience with mobile application is a bonus
- Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
At the center of Under Armour/MyFitnessPal's values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work theyre doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Lots of Under Armour gear
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and paid time off
- Lunch provided daily
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with matching
- GiveBack volunteer time
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more