Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Level One Medication Aide (LIMA) to join our healthcare team at Jefferson City Correctional Center located in Jefferson City, MO.
Consider our current full time opportunities.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Level One Medication Aide (LIMA)
- Completion of Level I Medication Aide certification (as indicated in DHSS 19 CSR30-84-0.030 LIMA Training Program).
- Possesses Insulin Administration Certification (as indicated in DHSS 19 CSR 30-84.040 LIMA Training Program).
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Level One Medication Aide (LIMA)
Delivers quality medication administration services consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the Department of Health and Senior Services. Responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated.
- Administration of medication by the following routes: oral, rectal, vaginal, otic, ophthalmic, nasal, topical, transdermal, buccal, sublingual, aerosol, nebulizer, and oral metered dose inhalers. Schedule II Controlled Substances cannot be administered under any circumstance.
- Administration of subcutaneous insulin.
- Document medication administration, refusals, and counseling.
- Pre-package medications for administration in areas outside medical unit as required.
- Issue Keep On Person (KOP) medications.
- Count controlled substances with oversight by RN or LPN.
- Communicate with RN/LPN regarding medication concerns such as adverse effects, non-compliance, or potential safety issues.
- Reporting of medication errors or potential medication errors to RN/LPN.
- Performs delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provides safe and effective care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Utilizes a problem solving approach as the basis for their decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Level One Medication Aide (LIMA)
- Paid Time Off *
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance*
*Additional state laws may be applicable
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.