**LPC, LMFT, LMSW or LCSWOffering a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time Positions & Newly Increased Salaries!**
MHM Services, Inc. is currently seeking Part-Time &Full-Time Counselorsto join our Team at Valdosta State Prison located in Valdosta, GA. Valdosta State Prison has been awarded several new Mental Health Counselor positions to serve within two new Specialized Mental Health Treatment Units (SMHTU). These units are designed to minimize the amount of segregation time served by individuals with DSM diagnoses and will utilize intensive in-unit programming to help get offenders re-integrated into the prison population. The approach will be multi-disciplinary and is an exciting new concept within the Georgia Department of Corrections. Valdosta SP houses adult, male inmates and is a close security facility. In addition to the SMHTU's, VSP will maintain several other missions, which include 10 General Population units with 500 beds,3 Mental Health units with 100 beds,2 lockdown units with approximately 100 beds, CSU with 4 beds, ACU with 12 beds, and an Annex which houses RSAT that has approximately 200 beds.
Qualified candidates must be licensed in the state of Georgia as either an LPC, LMFT, LMSW or LCSW.This is a position offering a flexible schedule during the weekdays to include 8-hour or 10-hour shifts.
Provides mental health case management services and consults with multidisciplinary mental health team in providing comprehensive mental health care to include linking clients with internal/external services, providing advocacy, as well as group and individual therapy. The incumbent functions as advanced psychiatric social services specialist providing administrative, consultative and supervisory functions. The incumbent performs highly technical work under professional supervision involving the diagnosis, and evaluation. Incumbent administers various psychological examinations, analyzes and interprets the results, and discusses findings with appropriate staff, and develops appropriate treatment plans.
MHM Services offers excellent, guaranteed salaries and comprehensive benefits for employees working 30+ hours per week including:
- Company-sponsored health, life and disability insurance
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 28 Paid days off per year plus 6 company paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- CEU reimbursement and up to 4 additional paid days off
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
and much more
This position is an ideal way to gain further experience in mental health while working with a challenging yet rewarding population. By joining our team, you'll have the unique opportunity to make a positive impact not only on the patients, but the communities to which they return. Come be a part of our multi-disciplinary treatment team!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Licensure in GA as an LPC, LMFT, LMSW or LCSW.
- One (1) year experience in providing comprehensive counseling services, preferably in a correctional environment.
- Must maintain current tuberculosis documentation and active CPR certification.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable.