Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
No travel required.
Hours: 40 hours over a five day period; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES - None
Minimal hearing necessary to hear equipment, timers, etc.
Moderate vision required to check quality and portions of food.
Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: Position regularly involves lifting food cases and metros weighing up to 70 lbs. Pushing and pulling carts is required.
- Bending/kneeling: Regular bending to lift items and supplies. No kneeling.
- Mobility: Regularly moves all around kitchen.
- Continuous standing: To complete a task, may be stationary for short periods of time.
- No climbing required.
- No driving required.
High school education or equivalent experience.
Minimum one year food service or related work.
Chemicals/Agents: grease strip, bleach, grease cutter, Lime Away.
Protective Clothing: hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes - approximately 100% of 8 hour shift.
Deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
Inside 100% of 8 hour shift.