Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, One Guest at a time. Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. At Cinemark, we offer more than just movies like:
What is a Line Cook?
A Line Cook is a culinary-minded individual who wants to join our Team. As a line cook, you will be in the heart of the operation, using recipes to cook up quality food under high pressure, so strong attention to detail is important. Candidates should possess high energy, be outgoing, and be a quality driven team player. Ideal Candidates will have a strong desire to pursue culinary growth in the future or prior restaurant experience.
A Day in the Life of a Line Cook:
- Bring a passion for food and an energetic and fun attitude daily
- Prepare all required items for line in accordance with approved recipes and portion controls
- Follows and executes prep lists daily
- Responsible for Opening or Closing a workstation, depending on scheduled shift, and maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout the day.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper storage of all food products in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Maintains policies and procedures to minimize food waste, theft, and ensure proper food storage, food requisitions, safety and sanitation
- Cleans food preparation area and equipment after each use
- Ensures that standard operating procedures and all preventative maintenance, safety, sanitation are consistently achieved
- Provides a professional image at all times through proper Cinemark culinary attire.
- Communicates well with Hospitality team to ensure Guests receive an extraordinarily memorable dining experience.
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and/or comprehend English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move, carry, push and pull heavy bulk food products and containers from remote or separate storage areas. Sometimes this must be done quickly in order to keep shelves stocked
- Requires the ability to reach at different levels
- Ability to obtain a health card or food handlers permit is essential (where required)
- Employees who work with alcohol are required to complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer