PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE - LINE COOK JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: Prepares food to order specifications and according to recipe, procedures, quality and speed levels and in doing so all cleanliness, sanitation and safety standards are maintained.
· Prepare food items according to our standards of quality, consistency and time lines.
· Ensure compliance with all health codes and requirements.
· Maintain stocking (Re-stocking) cleanliness and organization of work area.
· Complete prep tasks as needed according to recipe, procedure, quality and speed standards.
· Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
· Respond to additional customer requests by preparing orders to their specifications.
· Maintain food storage, receiving, stocking & rotating.
· Able to work closely and communicate with other team members, in constant high pace doing a variety of "time restraint" tasks.
· Other functions assigned by management.
Essential Physical Requirements:
100% Stand or walk.
75% Work at Approx. 36" table/stove and reach in approx. 36”.
75% Reach (6” to overhead) bend, stoop and wipe.
60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
50% View and read orders from elevated video monitor.
50% Lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approx. 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs
Essential TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of hourly position validations, including reading training materials and watching videos.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years old to be hired, 18 years old to operate mandated equipment and meet any other state qualifications.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
JOIN PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE IN THE LINE COOK POSITION - APPLY TODAY!