## Position Description
Are you a System Administrator who loves to implement scripts that automate the mundane?
Do you want to work with cutting edge technology on pressing national security problems? If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team in the National Security Analysis Department (NSAD).
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated systems administrator to provide systems administration and engineering work for a mixed Linux/Windows environment focusing on the Linux platform. This role will support multiple multi-level classified facilities.
As a Systems Administrator at APL...
You will install, configure, and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstations and servers.
You will develop cutting edge automation tools for the stand up and maintenance of classified information systems.
You will apply security lockdowns in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
You will provide desk-side and remote support to troubleshoot cluster/grid problems and network issues on an SGE grid.
You will implement and document controls to ensure compliance with NISPOM/CSA requirements.
You will provide classified meeting support including A/V setup and troubleshooting, classified VTC support and facilitation and/or classified laptop couriering and setup.
You will participate in all aspects of the planning of facility, computer hardware and software upgrades.
You will apply Risk Management Framework practices to the information system environment.
**You meet our minimum qualifications if you: **
* Have a BS in cyber security, information assurance, information systems, computer science or equivalent work/military experience.
* Have applied knowledge and experience with Red Hat enterprise Linux 7 and experience with Windows platforms (2008, 2012, 2016).
* Have experience gathering requirements and creating specifications for systems utilizing RHEL 7.
* Have scripting experience (Shell, Bash, Perl, Python).
* Have knowledge of virtualization (VMware).
* Have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff and sponsors, and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Have a current DoD 8570 certification (Security+ or CISSP) or the ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within six months of hire.
* Are willing to work in a closed facility and are able to lift at least 50 lbs.
* Are willing and able to occasionally work on evenings or weekends for operations and maintenance.
* Currently hold a final Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with SSBI. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
**You meet our desired qualifications if you...**
* Have 6+ years of systems administration experience including script development, patching, network switch configuration, virtual machine development/configuration, and/or OS builds.
* Are familiar with IC networks.
* Have experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) practices.
* Have pen testing and/or CEH experience.
* Have a current or prior Top Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
**Why work at APL?**
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationâ€™s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLâ€™s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
*Primary Location:* *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel
*Req ID:* 21486