BUSINESS: CIRCOR NAVAL SOLUTIONS Warren Pump
LOCATION: WARREN MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Production Supervisor
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
TITLE: Machinist A
Operating specialized machinery to perform operation of metal working components to specific processes and prints, requiring close tolerances. Must be able to demonstrate a positive safety culture.
- Provide technical guidance and direction in the resolution of the complex problems.
- Plan and perform rough and finish machining on a variety of machines both CNC and manual, boring, turning, facing, slotting, milling and internal/external grinding, drilling counterboring and other machining operations on various metals.
- Perform exacting and at times difficult Setups requiring careful handling, blocking using supports to align part and prevent springing. Determine proper operation sequence, select and set tools in cutting head and assist programmers to optimize manufacturing processing of all parts. Running multiple machines simultaneously.
- Set up and run new programs and parts, modify new and existing programs on the machine. Detect faulty operation and defective material. Make corrections with offsets for tool wear, broken tools or casting variations.
- Operate and understand advanced machine tools (i.e. CNC).
- Construct components and parts to extremely tight tolerances.
- Adjust machining settings to achieve properly documented first pieces and inspect work in progress so that all parts conform to drawing specifications, taking appropriate action if defective parts are found.
- May be assigned to perform specialized functions. Set up and operate machine for various operations, using precision measuring devices to check parts during manufacturing process.
- Tolerances are close. Select feeds and speeds according to type of metal and finish requirements. Maintain squareness and parallelism, requiring careful gauging.
- Models all safety procedures and protocols. Escalates safety improvement opportunities. Considered an example to peers of safe practices. Models self-directed cleanliness, housekeeping, and principles of 6S.
- Perform other functions as needed such as bench machining, assembly, cleaning, deburr, hydro, repair disassemble and repair inspection work. Must demonstrate willingness to flex as needed without being directed.
- Record labor times, control data, and other related data on standard forms.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to read Blue prints/Geometric tolerances.
- Experience and knowledge required for advanced machine tools (i.e. CNC).
- Instrumentation /Gaging skills required. Must be familiar with machinist tools and hand tools (micrometers, verniers, indicators, scales, dial bore gage).
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player, flexible, and self-directed /self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be skilled at problem solving, thinking outside the box, and acceptable of change and innovation. Must be open to coaching and training with a willingness to learn all machines/cells.
- Some physical effort (avg. 25 lbs).
- US Citizenship is required for DOD requirements.
Education & Experience
- Must have HS diploma or GED equivalent; concentration in machining preferred.
- Minimum of five years high precision machining experience required.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesJob Requirements: