About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covantas modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of todays most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the overall management of facility mechanical, electrical & Instrument/Control activities. This includes long term planning & scheduling of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines and associated equipment. The individual will be responsible for providing annual budgeting information and monthly forecasting up-dates. The individual will direct the mechanical supervisor/lead technicians and contractors on all daily and long term maintenance activities including prioritizing work activities, preventive maintenance scheduling, scheduled/unscheduled boiler, turbine generator outages and plant preservation projects. The Maintenance Manager supports the Operations and Engineering teams by identifying deficiencies and implementing cost effective repairs, this is accomplished by directing Supervisors and Technical maintenance employees to repair, inspect, improve, maintain and predict equipment condition using PM and predictive tools. This position relies on extensive experience in maintenance processes and personnel management to meet these expectations. The individual must possess the ability to create an environment that empowers employees to drive change and improve systems. Be able to hire and train employees on proper Maintenance work and trouble shooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight to ensure maintenance activities are performed in a safe, reliable, and environmentally responsible manner.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement to maximize Adjusted EBITDA by improving reliability, optimizing production, and decreasing operating costs.
- Perform and Direct Root Cause Analysis for equipment/systems to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide direct oversight for mechanical maintenance activities for internal employees and contractors.
- Develop and/or hire a high performing workforce to efficiently and effectively perform maintenance activities
- Direct and Provide oversight to plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute plant maintenance and outage activities to maximize plant availability/capacity.
- Provide oversight to ensure schedules are developed/executed for Major Outages, RCOs, Forced Outages, and projects.
- Provide direct oversight for the Work Week Management Program to include KPI reviews, Work Package Development, and PM/PdM optimization.
- Reviews Operation and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Provide oversight for the warehouse to ensure critical spare availability and adequate inventory.
- Provides technical support for maintenance functions
- Participates in Safety, Environmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist with developing/managing the PCMO, Building Services, and Capital budgets.
E-f-W maintenance experience or a solid background in power and/or industrial plant maintenance including a minimum of 5 years supervisor experience to be considered for this position. Job Requirements:
In addition, we require the following technology and maintenance requirements
Must be able to identify needs for improvement and implement change
Must have knowledge of maintenance budgeting and methodologies
Must manage spare parts inventory to optimum levels.
Good computer skills, able to work with ALM/Peoplesoft
Must possess good knowledge of electrical and instrumentation
Proficiency in planning and preventative maintenance management processes and systems
Solid understanding of Lean, 5S and other reliability process improvements tools in order to move the organization into a more competitive position.